Updated Nov 1, 2011 - 11:09 am
Darnell Dockett talked, didn't really deliver
The defensive lineman, who has not exactly dominated this season, tweeted last week, saying:
I'm back in that kitchen with pyrex Vision!!! I gave 6games to give the other cats some now its time to give 90 a run. I'm back on my ****!
We weren't sure what that meant at the time, but after his performance Sunday against the Ravens one could assume "time to give 90 a run" has nothing to do with making plays on the field.
According to Pro Football Focus, Dockett didn't exactly step up.
It's never a good thing when you can only generate a single quarterback pressure on 52 pass rushes, but that's exactly what Darnell Dockett (-6.1) contributed on Sunday. He was even worse against the run, managing just one assist and topping-off his day with a penalty and missed tackle on Ravens running back Ray Rice with 8:48 left in the game. Going into the game, Dockett was having a solid season, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this one.
Dockett, one of the team's captains, is also one of the most talented. However his dissatisfaction with the defense has been documented, and you have to hope this was just a bad game, an aberration in what has been an otherwise solid, if unspectacular, season.
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Report says Andre Roberts agrees to deal with Redskins
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?