Updated Nov 1, 2011 - 11:09 am
Darnell Dockett talked, didn't really deliver
The defensive lineman, who has not exactly dominated this season, tweeted last week, saying:
I'm back in that kitchen with pyrex Vision!!! I gave 6games to give the other cats some now its time to give 90 a run. I'm back on my ****!
We weren't sure what that meant at the time, but after his performance Sunday against the Ravens one could assume "time to give 90 a run" has nothing to do with making plays on the field.
According to Pro Football Focus, Dockett didn't exactly step up.
It's never a good thing when you can only generate a single quarterback pressure on 52 pass rushes, but that's exactly what Darnell Dockett (-6.1) contributed on Sunday. He was even worse against the run, managing just one assist and topping-off his day with a penalty and missed tackle on Ravens running back Ray Rice with 8:48 left in the game. Going into the game, Dockett was having a solid season, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this one.
Dockett, one of the team's captains, is also one of the most talented. However his dissatisfaction with the defense has been documented, and you have to hope this was just a bad game, an aberration in what has been an otherwise solid, if unspectacular, season.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.