Updated Nov 1, 2011 - 11:09 am
Darnell Dockett talked, didn't really deliver
The defensive lineman, who has not exactly dominated this season, tweeted last week, saying:
I'm back in that kitchen with pyrex Vision!!! I gave 6games to give the other cats some now its time to give 90 a run. I'm back on my ****!
We weren't sure what that meant at the time, but after his performance Sunday against the Ravens one could assume "time to give 90 a run" has nothing to do with making plays on the field.
According to Pro Football Focus, Dockett didn't exactly step up.
It's never a good thing when you can only generate a single quarterback pressure on 52 pass rushes, but that's exactly what Darnell Dockett (-6.1) contributed on Sunday. He was even worse against the run, managing just one assist and topping-off his day with a penalty and missed tackle on Ravens running back Ray Rice with 8:48 left in the game. Going into the game, Dockett was having a solid season, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this one.
Dockett, one of the team's captains, is also one of the most talented. However his dissatisfaction with the defense has been documented, and you have to hope this was just a bad game, an aberration in what has been an otherwise solid, if unspectacular, season.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?