Updated Nov 1, 2011 - 11:09 am
Darnell Dockett talked, didn't really deliver
The defensive lineman, who has not exactly dominated this season, tweeted last week, saying:
I'm back in that kitchen with pyrex Vision!!! I gave 6games to give the other cats some now its time to give 90 a run. I'm back on my ****!
We weren't sure what that meant at the time, but after his performance Sunday against the Ravens one could assume "time to give 90 a run" has nothing to do with making plays on the field.
According to Pro Football Focus, Dockett didn't exactly step up.
It's never a good thing when you can only generate a single quarterback pressure on 52 pass rushes, but that's exactly what Darnell Dockett (-6.1) contributed on Sunday. He was even worse against the run, managing just one assist and topping-off his day with a penalty and missed tackle on Ravens running back Ray Rice with 8:48 left in the game. Going into the game, Dockett was having a solid season, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this one.
Dockett, one of the team's captains, is also one of the most talented. However his dissatisfaction with the defense has been documented, and you have to hope this was just a bad game, an aberration in what has been an otherwise solid, if unspectacular, season.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.