Updated Nov 1, 2011 - 11:09 am
Darnell Dockett talked, didn't really deliver
The defensive lineman, who has not exactly dominated this season, tweeted last week, saying:
I'm back in that kitchen with pyrex Vision!!! I gave 6games to give the other cats some now its time to give 90 a run. I'm back on my ****!
We weren't sure what that meant at the time, but after his performance Sunday against the Ravens one could assume "time to give 90 a run" has nothing to do with making plays on the field.
According to Pro Football Focus, Dockett didn't exactly step up.
It's never a good thing when you can only generate a single quarterback pressure on 52 pass rushes, but that's exactly what Darnell Dockett (-6.1) contributed on Sunday. He was even worse against the run, managing just one assist and topping-off his day with a penalty and missed tackle on Ravens running back Ray Rice with 8:48 left in the game. Going into the game, Dockett was having a solid season, so it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from this one.
Dockett, one of the team's captains, is also one of the most talented. However his dissatisfaction with the defense has been documented, and you have to hope this was just a bad game, an aberration in what has been an otherwise solid, if unspectacular, season.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi