Updated Nov 2, 2011 - 2:04 pm
In ranking QBs, Kevin Kolb is near the bottom
However, in a season that has been highlighted by incredible offensive displays and quality QB play, Kolb's struggles put him near the bottom of the NFL.
At least, that's how Sports Illustrate's Jim Trotter feels, as he ranked Kolb 24th...out of 32 signal callers.
The big trade that brought him from Philadelphia has produced only one win. Kolb has been uncomfortable and uncertain in the new offense, which requires him to hold the ball longer than he did in the Eagles' West Coast system. He also tended to lock onto Larry Fitzgerald for much of the first month. His development could be hindered by the case of turf toe he suffered last week.
Kolb is ranked ahead of Sam Bradford, Tarvaris Jackson, Blaine Gabbert, Curtis Painter, Matt Moore, the Redskins' duo, Tim Tebow and Carson Palmer, but sits behind Colt McCoy, Joe Flacco and Christian Ponder.
Yeah, that's probably not the group the Cardinals figured Kolb would be in when they traded Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie and a 2nd round draft pick for the former Eagles backup.
As Trotter notes, though, much of Kolb's problems stem from being uncomfortable with the offense, something that is understandable given how little time the QB has spent in it. However, when rookies like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are experience success, it does give reason for pause.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.