Updated Nov 2, 2011 - 2:04 pm
In ranking QBs, Kevin Kolb is near the bottom
However, in a season that has been highlighted by incredible offensive displays and quality QB play, Kolb's struggles put him near the bottom of the NFL.
At least, that's how Sports Illustrate's Jim Trotter feels, as he ranked Kolb 24th...out of 32 signal callers.
The big trade that brought him from Philadelphia has produced only one win. Kolb has been uncomfortable and uncertain in the new offense, which requires him to hold the ball longer than he did in the Eagles' West Coast system. He also tended to lock onto Larry Fitzgerald for much of the first month. His development could be hindered by the case of turf toe he suffered last week.
Kolb is ranked ahead of Sam Bradford, Tarvaris Jackson, Blaine Gabbert, Curtis Painter, Matt Moore, the Redskins' duo, Tim Tebow and Carson Palmer, but sits behind Colt McCoy, Joe Flacco and Christian Ponder.
Yeah, that's probably not the group the Cardinals figured Kolb would be in when they traded Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie and a 2nd round draft pick for the former Eagles backup.
As Trotter notes, though, much of Kolb's problems stem from being uncomfortable with the offense, something that is understandable given how little time the QB has spent in it. However, when rookies like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are experience success, it does give reason for pause.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!