Updated Nov 2, 2011 - 2:04 pm
In ranking QBs, Kevin Kolb is near the bottom
However, in a season that has been highlighted by incredible offensive displays and quality QB play, Kolb's struggles put him near the bottom of the NFL.
At least, that's how Sports Illustrate's Jim Trotter feels, as he ranked Kolb 24th...out of 32 signal callers.
The big trade that brought him from Philadelphia has produced only one win. Kolb has been uncomfortable and uncertain in the new offense, which requires him to hold the ball longer than he did in the Eagles' West Coast system. He also tended to lock onto Larry Fitzgerald for much of the first month. His development could be hindered by the case of turf toe he suffered last week.
Kolb is ranked ahead of Sam Bradford, Tarvaris Jackson, Blaine Gabbert, Curtis Painter, Matt Moore, the Redskins' duo, Tim Tebow and Carson Palmer, but sits behind Colt McCoy, Joe Flacco and Christian Ponder.
Yeah, that's probably not the group the Cardinals figured Kolb would be in when they traded Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie and a 2nd round draft pick for the former Eagles backup.
As Trotter notes, though, much of Kolb's problems stem from being uncomfortable with the offense, something that is understandable given how little time the QB has spent in it. However, when rookies like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are experience success, it does give reason for pause.
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals wrap up preseason with some telling stats: By The Numbers
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.