Updated Nov 2, 2011 - 6:47 pm
What if Skelton plays and outshines Kolb?
But a turf-toe injury has prevented Kevin Kolb from practicing, and the QB may find himself watching the game from the sidelines for the first time this season.
Which brings us full circle to the Cardinals new annual tradition of the what-if quarterback dilemma.
What if back up quarterback John Skelton plays Sunday against the St. Louis Rams and plays out of his mind?
"Well then you have a lot of problems, of course, because the fan base is going to go nuts," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said.
Even if Skelton does play better than Kolb has preformed this season, chances are very slim the team will create a quarterback controversy.
"I will tell you right now that I think the coaching staff and I think the players in that locker room and I also think the organization is behind Kevin," Wolfley said.
Wolfley cited the investment made in Kolb is too much to give up on him this early in the season.
"I don't think under any scenario, even if Skelton goes out there and lights it up, I think Kevin Kolb will be the starter the rest of the season," Wolfley said.
The Cardinals are last place in the division and may need to start looking ahead.
"When you have the 49ers at 6-1 and you are 1-6, right now, for all intents and purposes, the rest of the season is about developing Kevin Kolb," Wolfley said.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.