Updated Nov 2, 2011 - 6:47 pm
What if Skelton plays and outshines Kolb?
But a turf-toe injury has prevented Kevin Kolb from practicing, and the QB may find himself watching the game from the sidelines for the first time this season.
Which brings us full circle to the Cardinals new annual tradition of the what-if quarterback dilemma.
What if back up quarterback John Skelton plays Sunday against the St. Louis Rams and plays out of his mind?
"Well then you have a lot of problems, of course, because the fan base is going to go nuts," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said.
Even if Skelton does play better than Kolb has preformed this season, chances are very slim the team will create a quarterback controversy.
"I will tell you right now that I think the coaching staff and I think the players in that locker room and I also think the organization is behind Kevin," Wolfley said.
Wolfley cited the investment made in Kolb is too much to give up on him this early in the season.
"I don't think under any scenario, even if Skelton goes out there and lights it up, I think Kevin Kolb will be the starter the rest of the season," Wolfley said.
The Cardinals are last place in the division and may need to start looking ahead.
"When you have the 49ers at 6-1 and you are 1-6, right now, for all intents and purposes, the rest of the season is about developing Kevin Kolb," Wolfley said.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.