Updated Nov 2, 2011 - 6:47 pm
What if Skelton plays and outshines Kolb?
But a turf-toe injury has prevented Kevin Kolb from practicing, and the QB may find himself watching the game from the sidelines for the first time this season.
Which brings us full circle to the Cardinals new annual tradition of the what-if quarterback dilemma.
What if back up quarterback John Skelton plays Sunday against the St. Louis Rams and plays out of his mind?
"Well then you have a lot of problems, of course, because the fan base is going to go nuts," Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said.
Even if Skelton does play better than Kolb has preformed this season, chances are very slim the team will create a quarterback controversy.
"I will tell you right now that I think the coaching staff and I think the players in that locker room and I also think the organization is behind Kevin," Wolfley said.
Wolfley cited the investment made in Kolb is too much to give up on him this early in the season.
"I don't think under any scenario, even if Skelton goes out there and lights it up, I think Kevin Kolb will be the starter the rest of the season," Wolfley said.
The Cardinals are last place in the division and may need to start looking ahead.
"When you have the 49ers at 6-1 and you are 1-6, right now, for all intents and purposes, the rest of the season is about developing Kevin Kolb," Wolfley said.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?