Updated Nov 4, 2011 - 3:04 pm
QB controversy brewing with Cardinals?
The team has a 1-6 record and Kolb's 77.8 quarterback rating ranks 24th in the league. And to top it off, Kolb suffered a turf toe injury early in last Sunday's loss to Baltimore and has yet to practice this week. There's no official word, but Kolb is not expected to play on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
That could open the door for second-year quarterback John Skelton to take over the reins of the offense, and any time a backup steps in for an injured starting quarterback on a struggling football team, the rumor mill starts turning.
ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Ron Jaworski joined Burns and Gambo for his weekly Thursday visit on Arizona Sports 620, and quelled the talk of a quarterback controversy with the Cardinals.
"I don't think there's any doubt that Kevin Kolb is the number one quarterback, and should be the number one quarterback," Jaws told the guys.
Jaworski also added that if Kolb is healthy enough to play on Sunday, he should be out there.
"I think Kevin at this point in his career needs to be on the field. If he is able to play, he needs the reps. He needs to be out there with his team," Jaworski said.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.