Updated Nov 4, 2011 - 3:04 pm
QB controversy brewing with Cardinals?
The team has a 1-6 record and Kolb's 77.8 quarterback rating ranks 24th in the league. And to top it off, Kolb suffered a turf toe injury early in last Sunday's loss to Baltimore and has yet to practice this week. There's no official word, but Kolb is not expected to play on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
That could open the door for second-year quarterback John Skelton to take over the reins of the offense, and any time a backup steps in for an injured starting quarterback on a struggling football team, the rumor mill starts turning.
ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Ron Jaworski joined Burns and Gambo for his weekly Thursday visit on Arizona Sports 620, and quelled the talk of a quarterback controversy with the Cardinals.
"I don't think there's any doubt that Kevin Kolb is the number one quarterback, and should be the number one quarterback," Jaws told the guys.
Jaworski also added that if Kolb is healthy enough to play on Sunday, he should be out there.
"I think Kevin at this point in his career needs to be on the field. If he is able to play, he needs the reps. He needs to be out there with his team," Jaworski said.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.