Updated Nov 3, 2011 - 10:54 pm
Skelton looking forward to gaining more experience
It sounds like Arizona Cardinals backup quarterback John Skelton is getting the start on Sunday.
"Anytime you get NFL experience, it's always valuable in the end," Skelton said. "The four games I got last year, all they can do is prepare me for this year and it's my first start of the year, but I have four already under my belt."
If you're not careful, you could miss it. Skelton isn't planning on getting some experience behind the scenes this year. He's planning on starting. This weekend. As in Sunday. But he says it's his job.
"As of now, I'm preparing like I'm the starter, but that's the job of any backup quarterback," Skelton said.
Watching film is one thing, but taking reps is a whole different monster, Skelton said. He could find out just how intimidating that monster could be on Sunday, should he be chosen to lead the struggling Cardinals.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.