Updated Nov 3, 2011 - 10:54 pm
Skelton looking forward to gaining more experience
It sounds like Arizona Cardinals backup quarterback John Skelton is getting the start on Sunday.
"Anytime you get NFL experience, it's always valuable in the end," Skelton said. "The four games I got last year, all they can do is prepare me for this year and it's my first start of the year, but I have four already under my belt."
If you're not careful, you could miss it. Skelton isn't planning on getting some experience behind the scenes this year. He's planning on starting. This weekend. As in Sunday. But he says it's his job.
"As of now, I'm preparing like I'm the starter, but that's the job of any backup quarterback," Skelton said.
Watching film is one thing, but taking reps is a whole different monster, Skelton said. He could find out just how intimidating that monster could be on Sunday, should he be chosen to lead the struggling Cardinals.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!