Updated Nov 3, 2011 - 10:54 pm
Skelton looking forward to gaining more experience
It sounds like Arizona Cardinals backup quarterback John Skelton is getting the start on Sunday.
"Anytime you get NFL experience, it's always valuable in the end," Skelton said. "The four games I got last year, all they can do is prepare me for this year and it's my first start of the year, but I have four already under my belt."
If you're not careful, you could miss it. Skelton isn't planning on getting some experience behind the scenes this year. He's planning on starting. This weekend. As in Sunday. But he says it's his job.
"As of now, I'm preparing like I'm the starter, but that's the job of any backup quarterback," Skelton said.
Watching film is one thing, but taking reps is a whole different monster, Skelton said. He could find out just how intimidating that monster could be on Sunday, should he be chosen to lead the struggling Cardinals.
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!