Updated Nov 3, 2011 - 10:54 pm
Skelton looking forward to gaining more experience
It sounds like Arizona Cardinals backup quarterback John Skelton is getting the start on Sunday.
"Anytime you get NFL experience, it's always valuable in the end," Skelton said. "The four games I got last year, all they can do is prepare me for this year and it's my first start of the year, but I have four already under my belt."
If you're not careful, you could miss it. Skelton isn't planning on getting some experience behind the scenes this year. He's planning on starting. This weekend. As in Sunday. But he says it's his job.
"As of now, I'm preparing like I'm the starter, but that's the job of any backup quarterback," Skelton said.
Watching film is one thing, but taking reps is a whole different monster, Skelton said. He could find out just how intimidating that monster could be on Sunday, should he be chosen to lead the struggling Cardinals.
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?