Updated Nov 4, 2011 - 5:57 pm
It's 'night and day' for John Skelton
Starting QB Kevin Kolb suffered a turf toe injury in the loss to the Ravens and is listed as doubtful for Sunday after not practicing all week.
Even though no official announcement has been made, many expect it will be Skelton under center.
If it is, this will the second-year player's 5th NFL start.
The quarterback was 2-2 as the starter last season with 617 yards, two touchdowns and two picks.
For Skelton, the team's fifth round pick in 2010, starting in Sunday's game will be completely different than his experiences last season.
"It's night and day," Skelton said. "Last year, starting at the end of the year, it was a watered down gameplan we went in with a lot of stuff that was real vanilla and compared to this year were going in with a gameplan that gives us the best shot at winning and I'm completely comfortable with everything."
As a result of being more comfortable with the offense, the 23-year-old doesn't have to spend more time thinking about the plays in the huddle.
"Last December it was hear the play, call the play, think about the play, go out and execute the play," Skelton said. "Now it's hear the play, call it and lets go out and run it. Its just reading and reacting now."
Even head coach Ken Whisenhunt is comfortable with Skelton starting, if he has to.
"He's much more comfortable than where he was last year," Whisenhunt said. "He's another one that you wish you had some time with in the offseason and he was having a good training camp until he got the high ankle."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.