It's 'night and day' for John Skelton
Starting QB Kevin Kolb suffered a turf toe injury in the loss to the Ravens and is listed as doubtful for Sunday after not practicing all week.
Even though no official announcement has been made, many expect it will be Skelton under center.
If it is, this will the second-year player's 5th NFL start.
The quarterback was 2-2 as the starter last season with 617 yards, two touchdowns and two picks.
For Skelton, the team's fifth round pick in 2010, starting in Sunday's game will be completely different than his experiences last season.
"It's night and day," Skelton said. "Last year, starting at the end of the year, it was a watered down gameplan we went in with a lot of stuff that was real vanilla and compared to this year were going in with a gameplan that gives us the best shot at winning and I'm completely comfortable with everything."
As a result of being more comfortable with the offense, the 23-year-old doesn't have to spend more time thinking about the plays in the huddle.
"Last December it was hear the play, call the play, think about the play, go out and execute the play," Skelton said. "Now it's hear the play, call it and lets go out and run it. Its just reading and reacting now."
Even head coach Ken Whisenhunt is comfortable with Skelton starting, if he has to.
"He's much more comfortable than where he was last year," Whisenhunt said. "He's another one that you wish you had some time with in the offseason and he was having a good training camp until he got the high ankle."
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.