Cardinals, Eagles share some history
While you may best remember the 2008 NFC Championship game, which the Cards won in Glendale, the former NFC East rivals are as familiar with each other as any team could be.
In fact, as far as the franchise goes, the Cardinals and Eagles are knotted up at 55-55-5 -- including games before Cardinals moved to Arizona -- though the Eagles hold a 19- 13 edge since the team moved.
As for what their past history means for this meeting, well, not much. Each squad has gone through stretches of dominance over the other, with the Eagles owning the early to mid-90s, the Cardinals rallying in the latter part of the decade by winning five straight from 1997-1999.
The Cardinals last played at Lincoln Financial Field in 2008 in a Thanksgiving night blowout, with the Eagles winning 48-20. It wasn't pretty, but it also wasn't the last time the teams would play that season.
The most important meeting between the two -- and most recent -- was the one that sent the Cardinals to Super Bowl XLIII, and while that was just a few seasons ago the teams are very different now.
Gone are Donovan McNabb and Kurt Warner, the game's starting quarterbacks, replaced with Michael Vick and, maybe, former Eagle Kevin Kolb. If he is unable to go, John Skelton will get his second start of the season, and first against the Eagles.
Another first Sunday? Vick, as an Eagle, facing the Cardinals.
Truth be told, the Cardinals have done a solid job against the quarterback. Though he beat the Cardinals the only two times they've faced each other, Vick has never thrown a touchdown against Arizona while being picked off twice.
Is that enough to give the Cardinals some hope Sunday? We'll find out in the rubber match between the teams.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.