Updated Nov 8, 2011 - 11:44 am
The Cardinals are bad, but are they the worst?
NBCSports.com's Evan Silva thinks so, and he predicts the team to win just one more time this season.
On the bright side, Silva notes, Beanie Wells has been good for the Cardinals, picking up seven touchdowns and 506 yards on 113 carries. He also says Patrick Peterson has sparked the Cardinals' special teams.
However, that's where the good stuff stops.
Arizona's defense is easy to move the ball against because it can't stop the pass. Safety Kerry Rhodes, the team's best defensive back in coverage, fractured his left foot on Oct. 9 and remains out indefinitely. No NFC team has allowed more completions of 20-plus yards. Offensively, quarterback Kevin Kolb has been a bust. Now injured, the $65 million summer addition has more turnovers than touchdowns and arguably the worst pocket presence in football.
Silva says unless Kolb overcomes his fear of the pass rush the Cardinals won't get anywhere, and that unlike other bad NFC teams, the Cardinals have already played the easy part of their schedule.
Three wins from here on out would be an accomplishment.
Harsh words, but the Cardinals haven't exactly done much to prove him wrong. There is still time, though, and maybe Sunday's win will spark the team to a second-half turnaround.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?