Updated Nov 8, 2011 - 11:44 am
The Cardinals are bad, but are they the worst?
NBCSports.com's Evan Silva thinks so, and he predicts the team to win just one more time this season.
On the bright side, Silva notes, Beanie Wells has been good for the Cardinals, picking up seven touchdowns and 506 yards on 113 carries. He also says Patrick Peterson has sparked the Cardinals' special teams.
However, that's where the good stuff stops.
Arizona's defense is easy to move the ball against because it can't stop the pass. Safety Kerry Rhodes, the team's best defensive back in coverage, fractured his left foot on Oct. 9 and remains out indefinitely. No NFC team has allowed more completions of 20-plus yards. Offensively, quarterback Kevin Kolb has been a bust. Now injured, the $65 million summer addition has more turnovers than touchdowns and arguably the worst pocket presence in football.
Silva says unless Kolb overcomes his fear of the pass rush the Cardinals won't get anywhere, and that unlike other bad NFC teams, the Cardinals have already played the easy part of their schedule.
Three wins from here on out would be an accomplishment.
Harsh words, but the Cardinals haven't exactly done much to prove him wrong. There is still time, though, and maybe Sunday's win will spark the team to a second-half turnaround.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.