Updated Nov 8, 2011 - 11:44 am
The Cardinals are bad, but are they the worst?
NBCSports.com's Evan Silva thinks so, and he predicts the team to win just one more time this season.
On the bright side, Silva notes, Beanie Wells has been good for the Cardinals, picking up seven touchdowns and 506 yards on 113 carries. He also says Patrick Peterson has sparked the Cardinals' special teams.
However, that's where the good stuff stops.
Arizona's defense is easy to move the ball against because it can't stop the pass. Safety Kerry Rhodes, the team's best defensive back in coverage, fractured his left foot on Oct. 9 and remains out indefinitely. No NFC team has allowed more completions of 20-plus yards. Offensively, quarterback Kevin Kolb has been a bust. Now injured, the $65 million summer addition has more turnovers than touchdowns and arguably the worst pocket presence in football.
Silva says unless Kolb overcomes his fear of the pass rush the Cardinals won't get anywhere, and that unlike other bad NFC teams, the Cardinals have already played the easy part of their schedule.
Three wins from here on out would be an accomplishment.
Harsh words, but the Cardinals haven't exactly done much to prove him wrong. There is still time, though, and maybe Sunday's win will spark the team to a second-half turnaround.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.