Updated Nov 10, 2011 - 3:18 pm
Dockett wary of Vick and McCoy
A lot of the talk coming out of Philadelphia is centered around the Eagles' offense--namely quarterback Michael Vick and how he hasn't been the same player that he was year ago when he finished 2nd in the voting for the league's MVP award.
Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett isn't necessarily buying into those comments about Vick.
"You rush him and he takes off running," a talkative Dockett said following Thursday's practice. "You sit back and let him pass, and he'll pick you apart too. But we're going to treat him just like any other quarterback, you just go out there and play your game, and hustle to the ball."
Vick has had a down season when using 2010 as a measuring stick, but so has the rest of the Philadelphia's passing game. The Eagles have only 15 pass plays of 25 or more yards, which ranks tied for 17th in the league in that category.
But where the Eagles have improved is in the running game. Philly ranks 1st in the league, averaging 172.3 yards per game on the ground, after ranking 5th in that category a year ago.
A big reason for the improvement has been the play of running back LeSean McCoy, who leads all NFL ball carriers with 825 yards. Dockett is also well aware of number 25 in green heading into this game.
"Their running back, to me, is probably the game-changer for them," Dockett said. "I think he's probably one of the most underrated players on the team.
"You hear about a lot of people, but you really don't hear about McCoy enough."
While Dockett is aware of Vick and McCoy's ability to change games, he says once the ball is kicked off on Sunday, it's all about relying on the week's preparation.
"You just go in and follow your game plan and just play ball," he said. "Don't go in and think about that speed and athleticism, you go in and play football and play hard."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?