Updated Nov 10, 2011 - 3:05 pm
Kolb doesn't have to practice in order to play Sunday
But he has yet to get back on the practice field for the Cardinals, putting his status for Sunday's game in Philadelphia very much in doubt.
However, not making it to the practice field would not automatically rule him out for Sunday, according to Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.
"I wouldn't say that he has to, but I would like for him to [practice]," Whisenhunt said. "It's all going to be a function of how much more he can do on his foot.
"He's made good progress but we have to make sure that he can still be able to drop and move."
With Kolb it's about physical limitations more than mental ones, according to the coach, because whoever the QB is Sunday needs to be able to move around in the pocket against an Eagles defense that is as strong as it is fast.
In fact, speed is one of the things Whisenhunt is worried most about.
"They're a fast team," he said. "You've got to understand that they're going to make some plays but you've just got to stay disciplined and not go crazy and get so wrapped up in them making a play that it affects how you operate your scheme because what that does is lead to more plays, and that's when you get into a problem."
Another thing that could pose a problem for the team, simply, is playing on the road. The Cardinals have lost 11 straight away from University of Phoenix Stadium, and few environments are as hostile as the one they -- and probably John Skelton -- are set to face Sunday.
"You don't ever know until you get in the heat of the battle, but he certainly appears to be much better prepared to handle that," Whisenhunt said of Skelton.
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!