Updated Nov 11, 2011 - 12:14 pm
With experience, Patrick Peterson gets his swagger back
After an amazing game-winning punt return in overtime and strong defensive play all game against the St. Louis Rams, the number five pick in the 2011 Draft appears be getting the hang of professional football.
"With me taking the time to study with the defensive secondary coach, studying with Adrian Wilson, the game has slowed down tremendously for me," Peterson said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
It is scary to think that Peterson was unsatisfied with where he was at the beginning of the season, considering he played well for a rookie starter.
"I'm not going to blame it on the lockout, but you didn't have the chance to really see live bullets," Peterson said. "Not having an opportunity to really, really practice and get my hands on the scheme, you know, it took a little time for me."
It was around week six, according to Peterson, for him to feel confident with the speed of the NFL game.
"I told coach after that bye week I knew it was going to come sooner or later," Peterson said. "I just had an opportunity to continue to study and continue to work to be the best."
Peterson credits practicing against Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald as another reason for his progression.
"The whole lockout situation kind of set me a little bit but once I got a hold of the game, once everything started slowing down, I felt more comfortable, gained a lot more confidence and got my swagger back that I had when I was in college," Peterson said.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b