With experience, Patrick Peterson gets his swagger back
After an amazing game-winning punt return in overtime and strong defensive play all game against the St. Louis Rams, the number five pick in the 2011 Draft appears be getting the hang of professional football.
"With me taking the time to study with the defensive secondary coach, studying with Adrian Wilson, the game has slowed down tremendously for me," Peterson said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
It is scary to think that Peterson was unsatisfied with where he was at the beginning of the season, considering he played well for a rookie starter.
"I'm not going to blame it on the lockout, but you didn't have the chance to really see live bullets," Peterson said. "Not having an opportunity to really, really practice and get my hands on the scheme, you know, it took a little time for me."
It was around week six, according to Peterson, for him to feel confident with the speed of the NFL game.
"I told coach after that bye week I knew it was going to come sooner or later," Peterson said. "I just had an opportunity to continue to study and continue to work to be the best."
Peterson credits practicing against Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald as another reason for his progression.
"The whole lockout situation kind of set me a little bit but once I got a hold of the game, once everything started slowing down, I felt more comfortable, gained a lot more confidence and got my swagger back that I had when I was in college," Peterson said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.