Updated Nov 14, 2011 - 4:41 pm
Heap itching to get back on field
This season Heap has played in five games, catching 13 passes for 150 yards and no touchdowns.
This is a player who, coming into this season, had 480 receptions, 5,502 yards and 41 touchdowns with his former team, the Baltimore Ravens.
To be fair, Heap has been battling a hamstring injury that has rendered him useless for over a month now.
Heap joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday to discuss his injury status.
"For me its a day-to-day thing," Heap said. "It's been that way for a while now, I've had days that have set me back that's what kind of happened last week so it's hard to say at this point."
Heap hopes his return will come Sunday in the Cardinals' divisional matchup against the 49ers.
"I'd love to be out there especially in a division game," Heap said. "It's a big game for us, they're playing so well it's going to be a huge test for us."
Just because the tight end hasn't played in six weeks doesn't mean the hamstring isn't getting better, but Heap is proceeding with caution.
"I started Wednesday practices and it felt decent but not great," Heap said. "I continued on Thursday and it was still sore from practice on Wednesday and then on Friday I was frustrated and tried to push through it and I don't think that helped me."
Heap signed a two-year contract and his extended time away from the field may hurt the player's chances of remaining with the team next season.
"I'm not really worried about that right now, I've got other things that concern me," Heap said. "My biggest concern is getting on the field and making an impact for this team."
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?