Heap itching to get back on field
This season Heap has played in five games, catching 13 passes for 150 yards and no touchdowns.
This is a player who, coming into this season, had 480 receptions, 5,502 yards and 41 touchdowns with his former team, the Baltimore Ravens.
To be fair, Heap has been battling a hamstring injury that has rendered him useless for over a month now.
Heap joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Monday to discuss his injury status.
"For me its a day-to-day thing," Heap said. "It's been that way for a while now, I've had days that have set me back that's what kind of happened last week so it's hard to say at this point."
Heap hopes his return will come Sunday in the Cardinals' divisional matchup against the 49ers.
"I'd love to be out there especially in a division game," Heap said. "It's a big game for us, they're playing so well it's going to be a huge test for us."
Just because the tight end hasn't played in six weeks doesn't mean the hamstring isn't getting better, but Heap is proceeding with caution.
"I started Wednesday practices and it felt decent but not great," Heap said. "I continued on Thursday and it was still sore from practice on Wednesday and then on Friday I was frustrated and tried to push through it and I don't think that helped me."
Heap signed a two-year contract and his extended time away from the field may hurt the player's chances of remaining with the team next season.
"I'm not really worried about that right now, I've got other things that concern me," Heap said. "My biggest concern is getting on the field and making an impact for this team."
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br