Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:26 pm
Cardinals look to end struggles against 49ers
"They've had success against us the last couple of years and that's hard with your pride," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "There is no question that our guys want to go in and play well against them."
The rivalry between the two teams is as high as ever, despite San Fransisco's recent dominance.
"It's intense," quarterback John Skelton said of the rivalry. "It's probably as good as anyone in football."
The 49ers are 8-1 and running away with the NFC West division. The Cardinals have been playing good football as of late, winning their past two after a six-game losing streak.
"It's going to be a true challenge for us, they're playing great football," wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said, "arguably the best team in the game right now, so we know what we have in front of us."
The Cardinals are confident they can end the 49ers seven- game winning streak if they stick to the game plan.
"It's going to be very critical that we go into Candlestick and pay attention to details, win the one on one battles, and if we do those things and continue preparing out here Wednesday through Saturday I believe we have a pretty good chance to win," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.