Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:26 pm
Cardinals look to end struggles against 49ers
"They've had success against us the last couple of years and that's hard with your pride," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "There is no question that our guys want to go in and play well against them."
The rivalry between the two teams is as high as ever, despite San Fransisco's recent dominance.
"It's intense," quarterback John Skelton said of the rivalry. "It's probably as good as anyone in football."
The 49ers are 8-1 and running away with the NFC West division. The Cardinals have been playing good football as of late, winning their past two after a six-game losing streak.
"It's going to be a true challenge for us, they're playing great football," wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said, "arguably the best team in the game right now, so we know what we have in front of us."
The Cardinals are confident they can end the 49ers seven- game winning streak if they stick to the game plan.
"It's going to be very critical that we go into Candlestick and pay attention to details, win the one on one battles, and if we do those things and continue preparing out here Wednesday through Saturday I believe we have a pretty good chance to win," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?