Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:26 pm
Cardinals look to end struggles against 49ers
"They've had success against us the last couple of years and that's hard with your pride," head coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "There is no question that our guys want to go in and play well against them."
The rivalry between the two teams is as high as ever, despite San Fransisco's recent dominance.
"It's intense," quarterback John Skelton said of the rivalry. "It's probably as good as anyone in football."
The 49ers are 8-1 and running away with the NFC West division. The Cardinals have been playing good football as of late, winning their past two after a six-game losing streak.
"It's going to be a true challenge for us, they're playing great football," wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said, "arguably the best team in the game right now, so we know what we have in front of us."
The Cardinals are confident they can end the 49ers seven- game winning streak if they stick to the game plan.
"It's going to be very critical that we go into Candlestick and pay attention to details, win the one on one battles, and if we do those things and continue preparing out here Wednesday through Saturday I believe we have a pretty good chance to win," rookie cornerback Patrick Peterson said.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?