Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:37 pm
Jake Plummer reflects on Pat Tillman
Plummer shared his thoughts on Tillman with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
"I think about him and I think of, obviously, all the great times we had. But I think now, 'What would he be doing? What would Pat be up to?' and you just wonder."
"It can almost inspire you to think about trying something new, trying something different and I think about Pat a lot, along with a lot of people."
Plummer and Tillman were teammates at ASU from 1994-97 and then were reunited as Cardinals from 1998-2001.
"More people today think of him as a war hero but I just think of him as a great friend and a guy that can teach you, number one, something real simple: how to just be a better friend, and Pat had a lot of great qualities and he is worth remembering."
Jake Plummer retired from the NFL in 2006, two years after Tillman's death in Afghanistan while he was deployed as an Army Ranger.
"People have said that they think Pat's death influenced my decision," Plummer said. "I was ready to retire the year before, if we [Denver Broncos] had won the Super Bowl I was ready to drift off and do what I did after my tenth season."
Plummer left Doug and Wolf with some advice he said was "in Pat Tillman form."
"You know you might find a Pat Tillman bagging your groceries some day if you just take the time to pry into their brain, ask them a question or two. That was Pat, man. He just never let anything sit idly by."
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest paid CB
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.