Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:37 pm
Jake Plummer reflects on Pat Tillman
Plummer shared his thoughts on Tillman with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
"I think about him and I think of, obviously, all the great times we had. But I think now, 'What would he be doing? What would Pat be up to?' and you just wonder."
"It can almost inspire you to think about trying something new, trying something different and I think about Pat a lot, along with a lot of people."
Plummer and Tillman were teammates at ASU from 1994-97 and then were reunited as Cardinals from 1998-2001.
"More people today think of him as a war hero but I just think of him as a great friend and a guy that can teach you, number one, something real simple: how to just be a better friend, and Pat had a lot of great qualities and he is worth remembering."
Jake Plummer retired from the NFL in 2006, two years after Tillman's death in Afghanistan while he was deployed as an Army Ranger.
"People have said that they think Pat's death influenced my decision," Plummer said. "I was ready to retire the year before, if we [Denver Broncos] had won the Super Bowl I was ready to drift off and do what I did after my tenth season."
Plummer left Doug and Wolf with some advice he said was "in Pat Tillman form."
"You know you might find a Pat Tillman bagging your groceries some day if you just take the time to pry into their brain, ask them a question or two. That was Pat, man. He just never let anything sit idly by."
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.