Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:37 pm
Jake Plummer reflects on Pat Tillman
Plummer shared his thoughts on Tillman with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
"I think about him and I think of, obviously, all the great times we had. But I think now, 'What would he be doing? What would Pat be up to?' and you just wonder."
"It can almost inspire you to think about trying something new, trying something different and I think about Pat a lot, along with a lot of people."
Plummer and Tillman were teammates at ASU from 1994-97 and then were reunited as Cardinals from 1998-2001.
"More people today think of him as a war hero but I just think of him as a great friend and a guy that can teach you, number one, something real simple: how to just be a better friend, and Pat had a lot of great qualities and he is worth remembering."
Jake Plummer retired from the NFL in 2006, two years after Tillman's death in Afghanistan while he was deployed as an Army Ranger.
"People have said that they think Pat's death influenced my decision," Plummer said. "I was ready to retire the year before, if we [Denver Broncos] had won the Super Bowl I was ready to drift off and do what I did after my tenth season."
Plummer left Doug and Wolf with some advice he said was "in Pat Tillman form."
"You know you might find a Pat Tillman bagging your groceries some day if you just take the time to pry into their brain, ask them a question or two. That was Pat, man. He just never let anything sit idly by."
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.