Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 8:37 pm
Jake Plummer reflects on Pat Tillman
Plummer shared his thoughts on Tillman with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
"I think about him and I think of, obviously, all the great times we had. But I think now, 'What would he be doing? What would Pat be up to?' and you just wonder."
"It can almost inspire you to think about trying something new, trying something different and I think about Pat a lot, along with a lot of people."
Plummer and Tillman were teammates at ASU from 1994-97 and then were reunited as Cardinals from 1998-2001.
"More people today think of him as a war hero but I just think of him as a great friend and a guy that can teach you, number one, something real simple: how to just be a better friend, and Pat had a lot of great qualities and he is worth remembering."
Jake Plummer retired from the NFL in 2006, two years after Tillman's death in Afghanistan while he was deployed as an Army Ranger.
"People have said that they think Pat's death influenced my decision," Plummer said. "I was ready to retire the year before, if we [Denver Broncos] had won the Super Bowl I was ready to drift off and do what I did after my tenth season."
Plummer left Doug and Wolf with some advice he said was "in Pat Tillman form."
"You know you might find a Pat Tillman bagging your groceries some day if you just take the time to pry into their brain, ask them a question or two. That was Pat, man. He just never let anything sit idly by."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.