Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 11:52 am
Kolb knew what was coming from Eagles
But that doesn't mean Kolb didn't have an effect on the game. NFL teams often rely on former players from the teams that they're facing. Philadelphia made Kolb's input even more valuable than it normally would have been.
They didn't change their signals from when Kolb was wearing the midnight green of the Eagles.
Kolb appeared on Philadelphia sports radio station WIP and told Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow he knew what was coming from Michael Vick and Philadelphia.
"During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty," Kolb said. "Mike's sitting there giving the signals, and I'm standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, 'Hey it's a go ball, hey he's running a screen, hey he's running a slant.'"
Kolb did downplay his knowledge's influence on the game. "How much of an effect do I really have?" he said. "I'm screaming to one guy. He may hear me, he may not. Luckily for us at that point, the crowd was pretty dead and some of our guys could maybe hear it."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.