Updated Nov 16, 2011 - 11:52 am
Kolb knew what was coming from Eagles
But that doesn't mean Kolb didn't have an effect on the game. NFL teams often rely on former players from the teams that they're facing. Philadelphia made Kolb's input even more valuable than it normally would have been.
They didn't change their signals from when Kolb was wearing the midnight green of the Eagles.
Kolb appeared on Philadelphia sports radio station WIP and told Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow he knew what was coming from Michael Vick and Philadelphia.
"During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty," Kolb said. "Mike's sitting there giving the signals, and I'm standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, 'Hey it's a go ball, hey he's running a screen, hey he's running a slant.'"
Kolb did downplay his knowledge's influence on the game. "How much of an effect do I really have?" he said. "I'm screaming to one guy. He may hear me, he may not. Luckily for us at that point, the crowd was pretty dead and some of our guys could maybe hear it."
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!