Houston Texans players step up to comfort flood victims
Character Counts | April 21, 2016 1:04 pm
The greater Houston area has been devastated by flooding, and in response, the city’s NFL team is doing what it can to help out those who are suffering.
MLB player’s wife raises money for pediatric cancer research while running Boston Marathon
Character Counts | April 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Cindy Ellis, whose husband plays for the Dodgers, raised $54,000 as part of her Boston Marathon experience.
Coyotes’ Louis Domingue plays pick-up hockey with fans
Character Counts | April 17, 2016 10:00 am
Arizona Coyotes goaltender Louis Domingue doesn’t spend much time playing hockey outside of the crease or with a regular stick in his hands.
Coyotes’ Connor Murphy, D-backs pitchers support boy’s fight with cancer
Character Counts | April 15, 2016 8:42 am
Arizona Coyotes defenseman Connor Murphy and others have supported seven-year-old Hollis Doherty’s fight with a rare form of cancer.
Ravens star Steve Smith makes teen’s wish come true by taking her to prom
Character Counts | April 12, 2016 10:21 am
Ravens star Steve Smith will be taking 18-year-old Aubrey Bridges, who lives with autism, to her senior prom.
T’Wolves’ Zach LaVine donates to school for the deaf
Character Counts | April 5, 2016 11:05 am
Though known for his high-flying dunks, the Timberwolves’ Zach LaVine is making a name for himself for his charity work, too.
Wizards star John Wall buys tuxedos for 10 high school seniors
Character Counts | March 28, 2016 10:51 am
The Washington Wizards’ John Wall is doing his part to make sure prom is a special night for 10 DC-area high school students.
Kyle Schwarber saves the day for young ballplayer
Character Counts | March 21, 2016 3:05 pm
Kyle Schwarber proved to be a life saver for a young ballplayer from Chicago, who arrived in Arizona without his catcher’s mitt.
Former D-back Adam Eaton greets 6-year-old blind fan with autograph and gear
Character Counts | March 17, 2016 10:56 am
Walking past a scrum of autograph hungry fans could be tiresome for most athletes, but that didn’t stop Adam Eaton from making a kid’s day.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity