He said, ‘Yes!’ Young fan asks Coyotes F Anthony Duclair to marry her
Character Counts | March 16, 2017 6:09 pm
Issued in the form of a prepared letter and hand delivered by the writer, Gracie, Coyotes forward Anthony Duclair read the brief note from his young fan.
Diamondbacks Hernandez, Drury play catch with young fan
Character Counts | March 5, 2017 1:58 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Oscar Hernandez and second baseman Brandon Drury found a great way to kill time during batting practice on Sunday.
Perry High’s Emery Miller awarded Character Counts scholarship
Kevin Zimmerman | February 22, 2017 3:44 pm
Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and Parker & Sons presented Miller the grand prize in the Al McCoy Media Center at Talking Stick Resort arena.
Blues winger surprises cancer-battling fan with birthday gift of a lifetime
Character Counts | February 22, 2017 2:05 pm
Arianna Dougan is a big St. Louis Blues fan who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma when she was just 3 years old.
$500,000 raised for Sager Strong Foundation in bonus 3-point shootout
Character Counts | February 18, 2017 8:57 pm
The folks at TNT found a unique and memorable way to honor the legacy of sideline reporter Craig Sager on NBA All-Star Saturday Night.
Utah Jazz jersey ad will raise money for cancer research
Character Counts | February 13, 2017 5:51 pm
Advertisements will begin appearing on NBA jerseys as patches next season, and the Utah Jazz’s sponsored ad will be one of the more unique.
Coyotes’ Oliver Ekman-Larsson visits Boys and Girls Club in Scottsdale
Troy Tauscher | February 12, 2017 3:07 pm
Arizona Coyotes’ defenceman Oliver Ekman-Larsson surprised the children of the Boy & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale with a visit to its Piper Branch.
High school crowd goes wild after special needs player makes final basket
Character Counts | February 6, 2017 2:41 pm
Lainy Fredrickson, a special needs student who is on her basketball team at Norman High School, made a basket to the delight of the crowd.
Terry Francona donates $1 million to Arizona baseball
Troy Tauscher | February 2, 2017 11:19 am
Cleveland Indians manager and Arizona alumnus Terry Francona donated $1 million to the Wildcats’ baseball program, the school announced Tuesday.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity