Carmelo Anthony helps make teenager’s dream come true
Character Counts | December 27, 2016 2:12 pm
It was an unforgettable Christmas for 17-year-old Jarell Lara, who is battling a rare form of cancer. Like all teenagers her age, she probably has […]
David Johnson surprises Cardinals fans by personally delivering gifts
Adam Green | December 26, 2016 11:15 am
If you have him on your fantasy football team, David Johnson has been the gift that keeps on giving. For some lucky fans, he personally delivered gifts.
Tyrann Mathieu visits Cardinals fans to spread holiday cheer
Character Counts | December 20, 2016 9:30 am
Tyrann Mathieu spent hours Monday visiting random families around the Valley in hopes of spreading holiday cheer “Honey Badger” style.
Westwood’s Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
Kevin Zimmerman | December 19, 2016 6:15 pm
Westwood High School’s Brianna Anderson hopes she can cause a ripple effect to help others.
Former ASU DT Marcus Hardison buys stranger Xbox as random act of kindness
Character Counts | December 15, 2016 8:00 am
Former ASU tackle Marcus Hardison played Santa Claus and bought a random kid at a Best Buy an Xbox one as a random act of kindness.
Coyotes donate gear, custom jerseys to special needs hockey program
Character Counts | December 14, 2016 6:00 pm
The Arizona Coyotes donated custom uniforms and hockey gear to a Phoenix-based special needs hockey team, the One Step Bobcats.
Cubs star Kyle Schwarber surprises 10-year-old with Batmobile ride
Character Counts | December 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Chicago Cubs star Kyle Schwarber surprised his 10-year-old friend with a Batmobile ride in Phoenix this Sunday.
Larry Fitzgerald wants to continue to raise bar as Cardinals’ Walter Payton NFL Man of Year
Adam Green | December 9, 2016 10:28 am
Receiver Larry Fitzgerald has been named the Cardinals’ Walter Payton NFL Man of Year due to his charity work off of the field.
Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
Kevin Zimmerman | December 5, 2016 5:03 pm
Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir overcame the perception of being a girl football player and is now helping others do the same.
Patrick Peterson, David Johnson reveal custom cleats for ‘My Cause, My Cleats’
Arizona Sports | December 3, 2016 3:27 pm
Patrick Peterson and David Johnson tweet out pictures of their custom cleats for the NFL’s league-wide ‘My Cause, My Cleats’.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity