Isaiah Crowell has 35,000 reasons to appreciate law enforcement
Character Counts | October 7, 2016 2:40 pm
Throughout the summer, there have been repeated instances of an unarmed man being shot by police.
Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity
Kevin Zimmerman | October 3, 2016 12:35 pm
Creator of an annual teddy bear drive, Perry High School’s Emery Miller appears like the average, over-achieving high school senior.
Suns’ Booker delivers surprise and a big check
Alexis Ramanjulu/Cronkite News | October 3, 2016 11:34 am
Devin Booker presented a check for $10,000 to Best Buddies, an organization dedicated to supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Diamondbacks leave touching note for Miami Marlins
Character Counts | September 30, 2016 11:12 am
The D-backs left Washington with a series split, but what they left behind for the next team to use the locker room means more than any baseball game.
Football manager with Down syndrome scores TD as ill mom watches
Ben Flores | September 20, 2016 1:27 pm
This week’s Character Counts, a manager for a high school team scored a touchdown, all while his terminally ill mother watched.
Homecoming king gives up crown to nominee with cerebral palsy
Character Counts | September 17, 2016 7:40 pm
A freshly named homecoming king in Texas didn’t think twice about giving up the crown to someone he thought was more deserving.
Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas surprises 14-year-old with NBA tickets
Character Counts | September 13, 2016 12:30 pm
Boston Celtics guard Isaiah Thomas continues to make a name for himself on the court and in the community.
High school football players step up to make cancer-stricken cheerleader’s day
Character Counts | September 9, 2016 9:54 am
High school cheerleader Ashley Adamietz had no idea what was going to happen. But what did was amazing.
FSU receiver brightens a mother’s day by having lunch with her son
Character Counts | August 31, 2016 6:00 am
Florida State receiver Travis Rudolph brightened one mother’s day by having lunch with her autistic son.
Character Counts Finalist
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity