Updated Jun 13, 2011 - 2:46 pm
Coyotes' newest coach has an entertaining past
Despite the uphill battle, the Phoenix Coyotes announcement Monday morning that Jim Playfair had agreed to join the team's coaching staff as an associate head coach caught our attention.
It wasn't because we find his coaching prowess to be a huge asset for the team (honestly we don't really know what he'll bring to the table from that standpoint outside of what the team's press release told us). It was because his name sounded awfully familiar and thanks to YouTube we remembered why.
The possibility of a repeat performance is reason enough to show up in Glendale on a weeknight this upcoming season if we've ever seen one (even if you live in the East Valley and it will take you an hour to get home). A coach ripping off his jacket, shirt and tie like Hulk Hogan on the bench while breaking hockey sticks like most people break toothpicks is about as entertaining as it gets.
Thanks to Playfair having perpetrated one of the greatest coaching meltdowns in the history of sports, the Coyotes announcement underwent a She's All That type transformation from plain looking to noteworthy.
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.