Updated Jun 24, 2011 - 10:37 am
Coyotes deal may come at end of summer
According to the Arizona Republic, the city of Glendale is hoping to sell the team and get this issue resolved in the next few months.
"I know the city's hope is to move forward toward a closing by the end of the summer," deputy commissioner of the National Hockey League Bill Daly said.
While a closed-door City Council meeting was encouraging to some, Mayor Elaine Scruggs did not appear to be too optimistic.
"I think that the staff would very much like to have us come back to the news there was a deal done," Scruggs said. "That's an optimistic hope."
The city of Glendale is not alone in their eagerness to strike a deal as one potential buyer is just as anxious.
"I'm still interested in buying the Coyotes, but the clock is striking midnight right now," Chicago businessman and potential buyer Matthew Hulsizer said. "The council is considering something and we're really interested in keeping the team (in Glendale) forever."
Hulsizer is interested in buying the Coyotes, but he is not alone as Daly mentioned there are several potential buyers.
However, Daly was not willing to name any of them so all information about the identities of these other potential buyers is unknown.
While getting things done by August may be a stretch, it is a good sign to see both sides getting restless and eager to get a deal done.
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Arizona Coyotes co-owner, President & CEO - Friday June 27Anthony LeBlanc talks about the latest news with the Arizona Coyotes