Updated Sep 14, 2011 - 5:45 pm
Chris Young calls D-backs 'NL West champs'
The Arizona Diamondbacks are _______.
"NL West champs," the center fielder responded.
If you know anything about what manager Kirk Gibson has been preaching all season, that is a pretty big statement coming from Young.
"I've believed in it all year long, so I don't feel like it's jinxing it," he said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
With an eight game lead and 13 to go, the Giants need a lot more than a jinx to stage a very late season comeback.
"I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in yourself and believing you're going to do it," said Young.
Young has unofficially become the first Diamondbacks player to come out and claim the division race is over.
It's a good sign that the team is starting to prepare for the playoffs while continuing to win games.
"In the clubhouse that's what we're pushing forward to and when we reach that point we'll take it from there," said Young.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.