Chris Young calls D-backs 'NL West champs'
The Arizona Diamondbacks are _______.
"NL West champs," the center fielder responded.
If you know anything about what manager Kirk Gibson has been preaching all season, that is a pretty big statement coming from Young.
"I've believed in it all year long, so I don't feel like it's jinxing it," he said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf.
With an eight game lead and 13 to go, the Giants need a lot more than a jinx to stage a very late season comeback.
"I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in yourself and believing you're going to do it," said Young.
Young has unofficially become the first Diamondbacks player to come out and claim the division race is over.
It's a good sign that the team is starting to prepare for the playoffs while continuing to win games.
"In the clubhouse that's what we're pushing forward to and when we reach that point we'll take it from there," said Young.
- Eric Chavez - Friday May 17D-Backs 3rd baseman Eric Chavez joined Burns & Gambo to discuss his recent hot streak.
- Tim Kurkjian - Thursday May 16ESPN MLB Insider Tim Kurkjian joined Burns and Gambo to discuss the development of Diamondbacks star
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday May 15KT talks to Doug & Wolf about the big win over the Braves!
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Monday May 13Law talks to Doug & Wolf about Justin Upton's return to AZ.
- Heath Bell, D-backs pitcher - Friday May 10Bell talks to Doug & Wolf about Sushi and the mentality of a closer