Updated Feb 4, 2011 - 9:05 am
Gentry: I lost a little respect for Kevin Garnett
PHOENIX - Respect is a funny thing. It is something that is earned, not given to a person. That's a lesson Boston Celtics' forward Kevin Garnett learned the hard way with one NBA head coach this week.
Phoenix Suns head coach Alvin Gentry was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash Thursday afternoon and made it very clear that after the way Garnett played in Phoenix last Friday, he has very little respect left for the Boston big man.
The coach was upset because Garnett not only hit Channing Frye in the groin late in the Suns 88-71 victory over the Celtics but also because the forward placed his foot where Frye could land on it after shooting. Gentry viewed the tactics as reckless play that could cause injury to a fellow player.
"You can compete and play hard, that doesn't need to be a part of it. It really doesn't," he said. "To do that to someone you can seriously hurt him," he said. "You know the fact that all of a sudden Channing comes down on his foot twice on jump shots that's a very dangerous play.
The Suns and Celtics will meet up for the second and final time in Boston on March 2.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.