Updated Jun 17, 2011 - 3:41 pm
Suns want UA's Williams but at what price?
What do Minnesota and Poland have in common? Other than extremely cold weather, both may be able to claim Marcin Gortat as their own in the near future.
As part of his NBA Draft blog on ESPN.com, Chad Ford dropped an interesting nugget of information on Phoenix Suns fans. The team may be interested in making a deal with the Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft.
Another realistic trade scenario involves the Suns. Phoenix is in hot pursuit of Williams and may have interest in a deal that would send Minnesota center Marcin Gortat and the No. 13 pick for the No. 2 pick and Nikola Pekovic.
For a team that has spent the better part of 43-years in search of a true center, it seems kind of odd that they would part with one that has only been with the franchise for less than a year. It seems even odder when you take into consideration that they'd be doing it for the chance to draft a player in Williams who admits he's a small forward (as if the Suns don't already have an overabundance of those).
It's nice to hear the Suns are looking to improve their draft position and make moves this offseason. Williams could very well turn into a special player in the NBA -- he may even argue one that could be LeBron-esque -- but the question has to be just how much do you give up for him?
For the Suns, a center with a large amount of upside might seem a bit steep.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.