Updated Jun 17, 2011 - 3:41 pm
Suns want UA's Williams but at what price?
What do Minnesota and Poland have in common? Other than extremely cold weather, both may be able to claim Marcin Gortat as their own in the near future.
As part of his NBA Draft blog on ESPN.com, Chad Ford dropped an interesting nugget of information on Phoenix Suns fans. The team may be interested in making a deal with the Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft.
Another realistic trade scenario involves the Suns. Phoenix is in hot pursuit of Williams and may have interest in a deal that would send Minnesota center Marcin Gortat and the No. 13 pick for the No. 2 pick and Nikola Pekovic.
For a team that has spent the better part of 43-years in search of a true center, it seems kind of odd that they would part with one that has only been with the franchise for less than a year. It seems even odder when you take into consideration that they'd be doing it for the chance to draft a player in Williams who admits he's a small forward (as if the Suns don't already have an overabundance of those).
It's nice to hear the Suns are looking to improve their draft position and make moves this offseason. Williams could very well turn into a special player in the NBA -- he may even argue one that could be LeBron-esque -- but the question has to be just how much do you give up for him?
For the Suns, a center with a large amount of upside might seem a bit steep.
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.