Updated Jun 20, 2011 - 3:15 pm
Suns looking to deal Robin Lopez to Warriors?
Where there's smoke more often than not there is fire and there's been an awful lot of smoke coming from the Phoenix Suns' direction this past week.
Plenty of rumors have circulated that the Suns are interested in making a trade to either move up or land another pick in Thursday's draft. Some have ranged from the borderline absurd to the underwhelming.
On Monday Sports 620 KTAR's John Gambadoro on Gambo and Ash added another rumor for fans to talk about.
"There have been discussions with Golden State about a possible deal in which Robin Lopez could go to Golden State and that Golden State pick (No. 11) could come back to Phoenix," Gambadoro said. "Maybe even last year's first round pick [Ekpe] Udoh could be coming to Phoenix as part of that package for Lopez. That would give Phoenix two first round picks and maybe they can get their point guard and power forward in this same draft."
While Gambadoro made it clear that the Suns and Warriors have merely discussed the possibility and nothing is a done deal, the idea is one that is sure to pique the interest of many fans.
If the deal were to go through the Suns would land not only an additional lottery pick this season but a power forward who was selected No. 6 overall in 2010 in Udoh.
Many will wonder why the Warriors would consider such a deal. According to Gambadoro there may be two reasons. One, Golden State is in desperate need of size, and two, Lopez's former agent is now part of the team's front office.
A deal like this could give the Suns the building blocks they need for the future. A power forward and two lottery picks could go a long way to helping them reach two of their self-assigned goals, getting younger and better defensively while keeping Nash in the fold. That is if all of this smoke produces any actual fire.
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?