Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 8:25 pm
Nash criticizes owners and league over lockout
PHOENIX - Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash isn't happy over the NBA's announcement that the first two weeks of the regular season will be canceled.
And the star player has taken to Twitter to vent his frustrations over the stalemate between the players and the league's owners.
"The players are negotiating to take less money & let's be clear that's not going to lower ticket prices, it just lines the owners pockets," said Nash.
Nash seems to doubt the league's validity that most NBA teams are losing money.
"You believe that? There's a reason they won't open their books. You know we want to play & you understand the propaganda/misinformation from the owners," said Nash.
Nash continued with more frustration with the stance most NBA owners have taken.
"The NBA has experienced over 60 yrs of growth with new growth projected using the current model. After a banner year the players are still willing to GIVE the owners a higher percentage in good faith."
"Why are the owners unwilling to negotiate in good faith? As a player I apologize to the fans that we're in this position but we will not be taken advantage of. In our hearts we're desperate to play, in our minds we know better and are prepared to stand united," said Nash.
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- P.J. Tucker and cash deserved
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.