Updated Oct 10, 2011 - 8:25 pm
Nash criticizes owners and league over lockout
PHOENIX - Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash isn't happy over the NBA's announcement that the first two weeks of the regular season will be canceled.
And the star player has taken to Twitter to vent his frustrations over the stalemate between the players and the league's owners.
"The players are negotiating to take less money & let's be clear that's not going to lower ticket prices, it just lines the owners pockets," said Nash.
Nash seems to doubt the league's validity that most NBA teams are losing money.
"You believe that? There's a reason they won't open their books. You know we want to play & you understand the propaganda/misinformation from the owners," said Nash.
Nash continued with more frustration with the stance most NBA owners have taken.
"The NBA has experienced over 60 yrs of growth with new growth projected using the current model. After a banner year the players are still willing to GIVE the owners a higher percentage in good faith."
"Why are the owners unwilling to negotiate in good faith? As a player I apologize to the fans that we're in this position but we will not be taken advantage of. In our hearts we're desperate to play, in our minds we know better and are prepared to stand united," said Nash.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.