Updated Oct 27, 2011 - 11:57 am
LeBron James hoping for Steve Nash to join him in Miami?
Will Steve Nash be next?
James, who is either bored, playing GM or both, sent out a tweet Thursday that got the NBA world abuzz.
Maybe @SteveNash in a Heat uni! So we can help each other get our 1st ring
For what it's worth, this idea isn't exactly new. The Heat have been in need of a point guard since, well, Tim Hardaway retired, and with James, Wade and Bosh on the floor could use someone who has no real interest in scoring points.
So enter Nash, the pass-first player who can keep defenses honest and hit a shot when open, but otherwise would be happy just piling up assists as his teammates put the ball in the bucket.
But before you get ready to head down to US Airways Center to protest, keep in mind that no move can happen until the lockout ends -- which could be a while -- and even then chances are the Suns won't be sending Nash to South Beach.
Because, even if Phoenix is just trying to shed salary, the chances of them pawning Nash off just for expiring contracts are about as good as the likelihood of Robin Lopez becoming the next Hakeem Olajuwon. Take one look at Miami's roster and you'll notice that outside of their big three there is really no one worth asking about.
So, while the Suns may ultimately decide to trade Nash at some point, don't expect him to join King James and the gang, even if he'd be a perfect fit there.
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.