Updated Oct 27, 2011 - 11:57 am
LeBron James hoping for Steve Nash to join him in Miami?
Will Steve Nash be next?
James, who is either bored, playing GM or both, sent out a tweet Thursday that got the NBA world abuzz.
Maybe @SteveNash in a Heat uni! So we can help each other get our 1st ring
For what it's worth, this idea isn't exactly new. The Heat have been in need of a point guard since, well, Tim Hardaway retired, and with James, Wade and Bosh on the floor could use someone who has no real interest in scoring points.
So enter Nash, the pass-first player who can keep defenses honest and hit a shot when open, but otherwise would be happy just piling up assists as his teammates put the ball in the bucket.
But before you get ready to head down to US Airways Center to protest, keep in mind that no move can happen until the lockout ends -- which could be a while -- and even then chances are the Suns won't be sending Nash to South Beach.
Because, even if Phoenix is just trying to shed salary, the chances of them pawning Nash off just for expiring contracts are about as good as the likelihood of Robin Lopez becoming the next Hakeem Olajuwon. Take one look at Miami's roster and you'll notice that outside of their big three there is really no one worth asking about.
So, while the Suns may ultimately decide to trade Nash at some point, don't expect him to join King James and the gang, even if he'd be a perfect fit there.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.