AHL All-Stars wear Craig Cunningham’s number 14 in pregame warmups
The story of the Tucson Roadrunners’ Craig Cunningham touched people at all levels of hockey.
From the moment he collapsed on the ice before a game and the subsequent concern over his health to now, as he has steadily progressed, it was difficult not to find yourself wrapped up in the story, all the while hoping for the best.
Cunningham’s road has not surprisingly been a bumpy one, and though the Roadrunners’ captain’s playing career has now come to an end, the sport itself is not yet done with him.
In fact, Monday night, prior to the AHL All-Star Game, everyone will be reminded of the popular player and his plight.
All of the jerseys will be auctioned off later this month to benefit AHL charities.
It’s a touching move, one that is very symbolic of just how much Cunningham’s story has impacted the sport.
Here are a few other images of the tribute to the Tucson Roadrunners captain.
- D-backs pitcher Archie Bradley slides in for a strike at Coyotes game
- Comeback effort spoiled by late goal as Coyotes fall to Penguins
- Forgotten man: Merkley hoping for chance to make impact on Coyotes
- Arizona Coyotes recall forward Nick Merkley from Tucson Roadrunners
- Lightning offer Coyotes countless lessons in 4-1 win