AHL All-Stars wear Craig Cunningham’s number 14 in pregame warmups
The story of the Tucson Roadrunners’ Craig Cunningham touched people at all levels of hockey.
From the moment he collapsed on the ice before a game and the subsequent concern over his health to now, as he has steadily progressed, it was difficult not to find yourself wrapped up in the story, all the while hoping for the best.
Cunningham’s road has not surprisingly been a bumpy one, and though the Roadrunners’ captain’s playing career has now come to an end, the sport itself is not yet done with him.
In fact, Monday night, prior to the AHL All-Star Game, everyone will be reminded of the popular player and his plight.
All of the jerseys will be auctioned off later this month to benefit AHL charities.
It’s a touching move, one that is very symbolic of just how much Cunningham’s story has impacted the sport.
Here are a few other images of the tribute to the Tucson Roadrunners captain.
- Clayton Keller to unveil Coyotes’ new third jersey at NHL Draft viewing party
- Coyotes sign D Ilya Lyubushkin to one-year contract
- How do the Vegas Golden Knights compare to Arizona expansion teams?
- Coyotes’ Rick Tocchet: ‘I don’t want to be watching playoff hockey again’
- ‘Yotes notes: Coyotes discussing 8-year extension with Ekman-Larsson