Arizona’s Kobi Simmons throws down the alley-oop hammer on Oregon State
— Alec Sills-Trausch (@UofAlec) February 3, 2017
Arizona coach Sean Miller did something at halftime.
Was it handing out a cup of coffee to his Wildcats, who through 20 minutes trailed a 4-18 Oregon State team, 29-27, in Gill Coliseum on Thursday night?
Chances are that was what the fifth-ranked team needed before it woke up to outscore the Beavers 44-25 in the second half and win 71-54.
If Miller indeed gave his Arizona team caffeine at the break, then he must have given freshman guard Kobi Simmons an entire Four Loko to chug. Well into what became a rout, Wildcats point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright intercepted a bad Oregon State pass and spun to get the break going.
His lob pass to a streaking Simmons seemed a little high, but not high enough for Simmons not to grab it with one hand and cram the ball home.
The quiet Corvallis, Ore., gym even reacted to Simmons’ dunk.
And here it is from another angle.
— JMixtape Productions (@JMIXTAPEProduct) February 3, 2017
- WATCH: UA women’s basketball Lindsey Malecha receives scholarship
- Sean Miller: Arizona is ‘not going to be as talented’ in 2018-19
- Pac-12 releases 2018-19 weekly pairings for ASU, Arizona basketball
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League