Arizona’s Kobi Simmons throws down the alley-oop hammer on Oregon State
— Alec Sills-Trausch (@UofAlec) February 3, 2017
Arizona coach Sean Miller did something at halftime.
Was it handing out a cup of coffee to his Wildcats, who through 20 minutes trailed a 4-18 Oregon State team, 29-27, in Gill Coliseum on Thursday night?
Chances are that was what the fifth-ranked team needed before it woke up to outscore the Beavers 44-25 in the second half and win 71-54.
If Miller indeed gave his Arizona team caffeine at the break, then he must have given freshman guard Kobi Simmons an entire Four Loko to chug. Well into what became a rout, Wildcats point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright intercepted a bad Oregon State pass and spun to get the break going.
His lob pass to a streaking Simmons seemed a little high, but not high enough for Simmons not to grab it with one hand and cram the ball home.
The quiet Corvallis, Ore., gym even reacted to Simmons’ dunk.
And here it is from another angle.
— JMixtape Productions (@JMIXTAPEProduct) February 3, 2017
- Arizona upset by Buffalo, bounced from NCAA Tournament
- Arizona, Buffalo prepare for battle of different styles in NCAA Tournament
- SI: Buffalo Bulls are likely to pull off upset against Arizona Wildcats
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas: Deandre Ayton is ‘Hall of Fame good’
- With NCAA Tournament on deck, Sean Miller talks about a lot, but not all