Arizona’s Kobi Simmons throws down the alley-oop hammer on Oregon State
— Alec Sills-Trausch (@UofAlec) February 3, 2017
Arizona coach Sean Miller did something at halftime.
Was it handing out a cup of coffee to his Wildcats, who through 20 minutes trailed a 4-18 Oregon State team, 29-27, in Gill Coliseum on Thursday night?
Chances are that was what the fifth-ranked team needed before it woke up to outscore the Beavers 44-25 in the second half and win 71-54.
If Miller indeed gave his Arizona team caffeine at the break, then he must have given freshman guard Kobi Simmons an entire Four Loko to chug. Well into what became a rout, Wildcats point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright intercepted a bad Oregon State pass and spun to get the break going.
His lob pass to a streaking Simmons seemed a little high, but not high enough for Simmons not to grab it with one hand and cram the ball home.
The quiet Corvallis, Ore., gym even reacted to Simmons’ dunk.
And here it is from another angle.
— JMixtape Productions (@JMIXTAPEProduct) February 3, 2017
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- Carson who? UA product Nick Foles leads Eagles to Super Bowl
- Accuser of former Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez files second claim
- Schefter: Raiders interviewed Arizona’s Kevin Sumlin for OC position
- No. 14 Arizona rallies to defeat Stanford