Suns military surprise member hides in plain sight
While jumping out of a cake is a common way to spring a surprise, the Phoenix Suns changed the formula a little bit.
In their Saturday night game against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Suns welcomed a military member back to his fiancée. The woman was participating in a game-break contest won autographed shoes, but was presented with something very different.
Sergeant Bruce Merrill did not come out of the tunnel, or a cake for that matter. In fact, he was closer than she thought.
The Suns have found some clever uses for the inflatable Harry mascot in the past, but this one probably beats out whatever crazy dance they have him do.
While the Suns 25-point loss to the Bucks wasn’t the most fun experience for fans, at least two went home extraordinarily happy.
- Suns fans tell 98.7 FM who they want at No. 1 overall in NBA Draft
- Prospect Luka Doncic wins Spanish ACB title, expected to attend NBA Draft
- ESPN’s Givony on Suns’ choice: ‘It’s going to be Deandre Ayton’
- Empire of the Suns NBA Draft Big Board: Trading up, Nos. 16, 31
- Arizona Sports 2018 NBA Mock Draft Tracker