While jumping out of a cake is a common way to spring a surprise, the Phoenix Suns changed the formula a little bit.
In their Saturday night game against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Suns welcomed a military member back to his fiancée. The woman was participating in a game-break contest won autographed shoes, but was presented with something very different.
Sergeant Bruce Merrill did not come out of the tunnel, or a cake for that matter. In fact, he was closer than she thought.
The Suns have found some clever uses for the inflatable Harry mascot in the past, but this one probably beats out whatever crazy dance they have him do.
While the Suns 25-point loss to the Bucks wasn’t the most fun experience for fans, at least two went home extraordinarily happy.
- Get it? During eclipse, other NBA teams block out the Suns
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference
- How realistic is NBA 2K18? Its trailer features a grumpy Marquese Chriss
- ESPN’s first 2018 NBA mock draft has the Suns taking Luka Doncic
- Marvin Bagley commits to Duke, could add to 2018 NBA Draft crop