Suns military surprise member hides in plain sight
While jumping out of a cake is a common way to spring a surprise, the Phoenix Suns changed the formula a little bit.
In their Saturday night game against the Milwaukee Bucks, the Suns welcomed a military member back to his fiancée. The woman was participating in a game-break contest won autographed shoes, but was presented with something very different.
Sergeant Bruce Merrill did not come out of the tunnel, or a cake for that matter. In fact, he was closer than she thought.
The Suns have found some clever uses for the inflatable Harry mascot in the past, but this one probably beats out whatever crazy dance they have him do.
While the Suns 25-point loss to the Bucks wasn’t the most fun experience for fans, at least two went home extraordinarily happy.
- Connie Hawkins remembered fondly at Suns memorial service
- Lonzo Ball, Lakers carve up Suns as defense again flops
- Suns Strokes: Suns come up short against Lakers in high-scoring thriller
- Suns’ Devin Booker takes rough fall against Lakers, stays in game
- Phoenix Suns’ Marquese Chriss adjusting to bench role