Cardinals fans react to news that Carson Palmer will play in 2017
As with anything that happens, whether a Super Bowl comeback or a dancing cat, the internet had some fun reactions to the news that Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer will play in 2017.
Many fans expressed excitement that the 37-year-old will return to play his fifth season for the Cards in 2017.
The joy was not unanimous however. The Cardinals stumbled to a 7-8-1 record last season, missing the playoffs and falling well short of preseason expectations.
Some put the blame for the disappointing season on Palmer. He put up 4,233 yards with 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, but struggled early in the season and did not get much protection from his offensive line. Others feel he’s too old and the Cardinals need to move to a younger successor.
Palmer’s decision is not very surprising given that wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald announced his intention to play in 2017 last week.
With both of them on hand, the Cardinals will be out for redemption in 2017.
- Arizona Cardinals new head coach Steve Wilks’ resume: By the numbers
- Cardinals coach Steve Wilks reportedly targeting Mike McCoy as OC
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Cardinals hire Steve Wilks
- Cardinals’ David Johnson recruited Palmer, Fitzgerald to play in 2018
- Patrick Peterson appears to love the Cardinals’ expected hire of Steve Wilks