Cardinals fans react to news that Carson Palmer will play in 2017
As with anything that happens, whether a Super Bowl comeback or a dancing cat, the internet had some fun reactions to the news that Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer will play in 2017.
Many fans expressed excitement that the 37-year-old will return to play his fifth season for the Cards in 2017.
The joy was not unanimous however. The Cardinals stumbled to a 7-8-1 record last season, missing the playoffs and falling well short of preseason expectations.
Some put the blame for the disappointing season on Palmer. He put up 4,233 yards with 26 touchdowns and 14 interceptions, but struggled early in the season and did not get much protection from his offensive line. Others feel he’s too old and the Cardinals need to move to a younger successor.
Palmer’s decision is not very surprising given that wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald announced his intention to play in 2017 last week.
With both of them on hand, the Cardinals will be out for redemption in 2017.
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings