Derrick Jones already has a resume to validate his participation in the NBA Dunk Contest.
If there’s any wonder whether he’s ready to compete, well, we take you to the pregame warmups of the Phoenix Suns’ game on Monday against the New Orleans Pelicans.
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) February 14, 2017
Nothing to see here, just the lefty throwing down a 360, between-the-legs slam.
Jones will square off against the likes of the Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan, the Pacers’ Glenn Robinson III and reigning runner-up Aaron Gordon of the Magic in the NBA’s Saturday, Feb. 18 Slam Dunk Contest.
And by all appearances, the Suns rookie is quite ready.
The question is: How much more crazy can his dunks get when he’s nonchalantly throwing down dunks like Monday’s slam?
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference
- How realistic is NBA 2K18? Its trailer features a grumpy Marquese Chriss
- ESPN’s first 2018 NBA mock draft has the Suns taking Luka Doncic
- Marvin Bagley commits to Duke, could add to 2018 NBA Draft crop
- The 5: Intriguing items on the Suns’ 2017-18 schedule