Derrick Jones already has a resume to validate his participation in the NBA Dunk Contest.
If there’s any wonder whether he’s ready to compete, well, we take you to the pregame warmups of the Phoenix Suns’ game on Monday against the New Orleans Pelicans.
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) February 14, 2017
Nothing to see here, just the lefty throwing down a 360, between-the-legs slam.
Jones will square off against the likes of the Clippers’ DeAndre Jordan, the Pacers’ Glenn Robinson III and reigning runner-up Aaron Gordon of the Magic in the NBA’s Saturday, Feb. 18 Slam Dunk Contest.
And by all appearances, the Suns rookie is quite ready.
The question is: How much more crazy can his dunks get when he’s nonchalantly throwing down dunks like Monday’s slam?
- Suns Strokes: Defense shrinks during first half in loss to Pelicans
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Booker’s late heroics can’t bring Suns win in Bledsoe’s return to Phoenix
- McDonough: Suns have options to open roster spot for Mike James