Arizona baseball gets its ‘Major League’ on in promotional video
In case you were unaware, the 1989 movie “Major League” was filmed, in part, at Hi Corbett Field in Tucson, Arizona.
That fact works out well for the University of Arizona baseball team, which plays its home games at Hi Corbett and used the movie as inspiration for their latest promotional video.
Hearkening to the beginning of the movie when the Cleveland Indians arrive for spring training, Wildcats players and coaches — complete with skipper Jay Johnson giving his best Lou Brown voice — reenact some of the more iconic scenes with solid accuracy.
Arizona, which fell in the final game of the College World Series last season, enters 2017 as a top 25 team with pretty high expectations. Their first game will take place Friday, at home, against Eastern Kentucky.
- College analysts, writers react to reported FBI findings against Sean Miller
- Following FBI report, Miller’s, Ayton’s availability up to Arizona
- Arizona cheerleader ejected during Arizona State, Arizona clash
- ASU basketball amped up leading into showdown vs. Arizona
- Former Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez could be named in Title IX lawsuit