In case you were unaware, the 1989 movie “Major League” was filmed, in part, at Hi Corbett Field in Tucson, Arizona.
That fact works out well for the University of Arizona baseball team, which plays its home games at Hi Corbett and used the movie as inspiration for their latest promotional video.
Hearkening to the beginning of the movie when the Cleveland Indians arrive for spring training, Wildcats players and coaches — complete with skipper Jay Johnson giving his best Lou Brown voice — reenact some of the more iconic scenes with solid accuracy.
Arizona, which fell in the final game of the College World Series last season, enters 2017 as a top 25 team with pretty high expectations. Their first game will take place Friday, at home, against Eastern Kentucky.
- Arizona basketball cancels Spain exhibition game after Barcelona attack
- Arizona’s Trier dunks on defender, pulls out the Iverson step-over
- Arizona football to give away Gronk spike bobbleheads vs. NAU
- Arizona football receives two votes in USA Today Coaches Poll
- Arizona D-lineman mistakes new Cal coach Wilcox for a player