Coyotes call up G Marek Langhamer; Louis Domingue day-to-day with injury
The Arizona Coyotes called up Tucson Roadrunners goalie Marek Langhamer on an emergency basis for their Thursday night game at the Los Angeles Kings after backup goalie Louis Domingue injured himself earlier in the day.
Domingue is listed as day-to-day with a lower body injury, according to the Coyotes. In his stead, Langhamer, who does not have NHL experience, will back up All-Star starting goalie Mike Smith.
Langhamer, 22, is 4-5-1 as a starter with the AHL Roadrunners. He has a .914 save percentage and 2.90 goals against average in 12 games this year. He has also gone 5-2-0 with a .913 save percentage and 2.72 goals against average with the ECHL’s Rapid City team in seven outings.
The Moravska Trebova, Czech Republic native was the Coyotes’ seventh-round draft pick (184th overall) in 2012.
- D-backs pitcher Archie Bradley slides in for a strike at Coyotes game
- Comeback effort spoiled by late goal as Coyotes fall to Penguins
- Forgotten man: Merkley hoping for chance to make impact on Coyotes
- Arizona Coyotes recall forward Nick Merkley from Tucson Roadrunners
- Lightning offer Coyotes countless lessons in 4-1 win