The Arizona Coyotes called up Tucson Roadrunners goalie Marek Langhamer on an emergency basis for their Thursday night game at the Los Angeles Kings after backup goalie Louis Domingue injured himself earlier in the day.
Domingue is listed as day-to-day with a lower body injury, according to the Coyotes. In his stead, Langhamer, who does not have NHL experience, will back up All-Star starting goalie Mike Smith.
Langhamer, 22, is 4-5-1 as a starter with the AHL Roadrunners. He has a .914 save percentage and 2.90 goals against average in 12 games this year. He has also gone 5-2-0 with a .913 save percentage and 2.72 goals against average with the ECHL’s Rapid City team in seven outings.
The Moravska Trebova, Czech Republic native was the Coyotes’ seventh-round draft pick (184th overall) in 2012.
- Leaving NY, Coyotes’ Derek Stepan faces more than a change in scenery
- ‘Yotes Draft Notes: D prospects, coaching search, roster balance
- Paul Bissonnette to join Coyotes radio broadcast team
- Chayka’s flurry of trades could accelerate Coyotes’ timeline
- Coyotes make Pierre-Olivier Joseph their first selection in NHL Draft