$500,000 raised for Sager Strong Foundation in bonus 3-point shootout
The folks at TNT found a unique and memorable way to honor the legacy of sideline reporter Craig Sager on NBA All-Star Saturday Night.
Following the conclusion of the three-point contest, a tribute played for Sager, who died in December after a hard-fought battle with cancer.
TNT host Ernie Johnson and commentator Reggie Miller addressed the crowd in New Orleans and the audience at home by sharing that they wanted to raise money for Sager’s charity, the Sager Strong Foundation.
Former Arizona State star James Harden and recording artist DJ Khaled were involved in raising a total of $130,000 with 13 made three-pointers.
They weren’t done, though, as All-Star Stephen Curry would be given a chance to hit a half-court shot to bump the total to $500,000.
While Curry would miss those shots, a big backup plan was in place. Former Sun Shaquille O’Neal teamed up with Sager’s son for a much easier shot to get the half-million number.
- Following latest remarks, would NBA ever silence Charles Barkley?
- Reggie Miller put on a VR headset for a game he’s already at
- Suns’ Greg Monroe was told he will play Thursday vs. Rockets
- Shaq’s toe is very gross. Why did you show it, TNT?
- March Madness TV Guide: Where and when to see Friday’s first-round games