Somebody gave Derrick Jones Jr. the hookup.
Among the multiple pairs of shoes the Phoenix Suns rookie wore during his second-place finish in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday were a to-be-released gold version of the Supreme X Nike Uptempo collaboration.
The shoes, which he wore while leaping over teammates Marquese Chriss, Alan Williams, Derek Cooke Jr. and Devin Booker, are essentially classic Nike Air More Uptempos, but instead of the side of the shoes reading “AIR” in large swooping lettering, the kicks read “SUPREME” starting on the left side of the shoes and wrapping around to end on the right.
According to HighSnobiety.com, the gold colorway has only been worn publicly by one other person. Brazilian soccer star Nemar Jr. was captured wearing the gold Supreme X Nike Uptempo shoes days earlier in what was the first leak of the colorway.
Up close with the Supreme x Nike Uptempo “Gold” debuted by Derrick Jones Jr in the Dunk Contest#NBAAllStar
— Nice Kicks (@nicekicks) February 19, 2017
- Suns tease Thursday release of re-designed Nike uniforms
- Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. has won the Drive By Dunk Challenge
- Suns’ Josh Jackson throws it up for Derrick Jones Jr.
- Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. asked to score more in NBA Summer League
- After stops including Eastern Arizona, Croatia, Italy, James back with Suns