Former Suns, Kings guard Thomas thinks video game would block Cousins trade
The Sacramento Kings have traded DeMarcus Cousins to the New Orleans Pelicans, and even though the Kings’ front office repeatedly denied they would ever trade the forward/center, this really should surprise no one.
Someone who had his problems on and off the court in Sacramento had been linked to trade rumors for years, including one with the Suns most recently.
But now that he is being sent to New Orleans, the rumored move is reality. So while Cousins leaving Sacramento isn’t a surprise, what the Kings got back in return is where people are flabbergasted.
Sacramento sends Cousins and Omri Casspi to the Pelicans for Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a first-round pick and a second-round pick.
Among many, former Suns and Kings guard Isaiah Thomas thought the deal was a tad one-sided.
To put this in perspective, Cousins is one of the best, if not THE best, big man in the league. So, naturally, some people decided to give the trade on the video game a try.
Thomas was right, the trade wouldn’t work.
So even if Thomas might be showing some sour grapes for his former team by ridiculing the trade publicly, he ended up being right on the money with his guess.
- GM McDonough: Suns trying to replace production of injured Devin Booker
- Video game appears to leak image of fifth Phoenix Suns jersey
- #SarverOut billboard goes up after disgruntled Suns fan’s fundraiser
- Suns Strokes: Daniels’ career-high 32 not enough for Suns to beat Raptors
- Numerous donations, show of support highlight Holiday Heroes event