Suns again assign slam-dunk runner-up Jones to D-league
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns have again assigned forward Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona, its affiliate in the NBA Development League.
Jones was the runner-up to Glenn Robinson III in the NBA Slam Dunk competition over the weekend.
This is Jones’ seventh assignment of the season. He has averaged 14.6 points on 49 percent shooting and 5.7 rebounds in 18 games with Northern Arizona.
- Empire of the Suns trade deadline preview: Greg Monroe
- Devin Booker hits jumper over Jamal Murray, steals his arrow celebration
- Suns need to heavily consider trading for Kemba Walker, just not yet
- Phoenix Suns still without Chriss, expected to welcome back Warren
- Devin Booker ties for fourth in player All-Star voting for West guards