Suns again assign slam-dunk runner-up Jones to D-league
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns have again assigned forward Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona, its affiliate in the NBA Development League.
Jones was the runner-up to Glenn Robinson III in the NBA Slam Dunk competition over the weekend.
This is Jones’ seventh assignment of the season. He has averaged 14.6 points on 49 percent shooting and 5.7 rebounds in 18 games with Northern Arizona.
- Suns’ losing streak now up to 10 games after loss in Cleveland
- Bagley or Ayton? ASU’s Bobby Hurley gives his take on future draft picks
- Woj: Suns coaching search is underway, will include Triano
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- NBA Draft stock report: Many exits for top prospects in NCAA Tournament