Suns again assign slam-dunk runner-up Jones to D-league
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns have again assigned forward Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona, its affiliate in the NBA Development League.
Jones was the runner-up to Glenn Robinson III in the NBA Slam Dunk competition over the weekend.
This is Jones’ seventh assignment of the season. He has averaged 14.6 points on 49 percent shooting and 5.7 rebounds in 18 games with Northern Arizona.
- Suns second-round pick George King plotting rare lengthy NBA career
- Suns’ Deandre Ayton named to All-NBA Summer League Second Team
- ‘Zombieland’ screenwriter Rhett Reese talks Paxson’s shot, Suns fandom
- Woj: Eyeing Kawhi, Suns among teams who’ve talked with Spurs
- Guarantee date on Davon Reed’s contract with Suns is Friday