Suns again assign slam-dunk runner-up Jones to D-league
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns have again assigned forward Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona, its affiliate in the NBA Development League.
Jones was the runner-up to Glenn Robinson III in the NBA Slam Dunk competition over the weekend.
This is Jones’ seventh assignment of the season. He has averaged 14.6 points on 49 percent shooting and 5.7 rebounds in 18 games with Northern Arizona.
- Bucks’ Bledsoe returns to Phoenix, hasn’t ‘said one bad thing’ about Suns
- Former Sun Eric Bledsoe giving Bucks new, exciting dimension
- Suns’ center rotation under spotlight with Monroe, Chandler and Len
- Triano: Suns’ Alex Len playing with desperation in contract year
- Suns’ improved ball movement leads to 32 assists, win over Bulls