Suns again assign slam-dunk runner-up Jones to D-league
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns have again assigned forward Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona, its affiliate in the NBA Development League.
Jones was the runner-up to Glenn Robinson III in the NBA Slam Dunk competition over the weekend.
This is Jones’ seventh assignment of the season. He has averaged 14.6 points on 49 percent shooting and 5.7 rebounds in 18 games with Northern Arizona.
- Phoenix Suns sign forward T.J. Warren to four-year extension
- ‘Excited’ to back Devin Booker, Troy Daniels brings shooting to Suns
- Suns’ reported extension for T.J. Warren shows belief in player’s ability
- Suns’ Tyson Chandler on Trump’s comments: ‘That’s a shot at humanity’
- Phoenix Suns preach structure, pace at media day for upcoming season