Richard Jefferson trolls Kyrie Irving with ‘Flat World Champions’ shirt
The Cleveland Cavaliers “Road Trippin'” podcast with Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson was already widely circulating in basketball circles as a must-tune-in show.
Then came their pre-All-Star edition that included special guest Kyrie Irving, in which the hosts discovered the Cleveland point guard believes the earth is flat (check the 15:20 mark).
Now, they’re riding the viral reaction to that podcast.
For their post-All-Star edition of the pod, Jefferson rocked a timely Cleveland Cavaliers “Flat World Champions” shirt.
In the wake of the initial podcast, reporters used All-Star weekend to press Irving on his worldly beliefs, and on Twitter, many “Irving’s jumper is also flat” jokes came up during the three-point contest.
Jefferson and Frye — both Arizona Wildcats — were respectful of their Duke comrade’s opinion during their podcast, but it appears from the latest edition that they aren’t leaving the topic alone.
That’s some A-plus trolling.
- Flat-earth truther Kyrie Irving is a court-age truther as well
- To ESPN’s Elhassan, Suns not making Irving deal was about his contract
- For the Suns, the Kyrie Irving-Isaiah Thomas trade provides an ironic twist
- Suns’ Josh Jackson: Trade to Cleveland ‘would’ve happened by now’
- Phoenix Suns should want Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving, but don’t need him