The Arizona Cardinals will get a head start on their 2017 preseason, as they have been chosen to play in the annual Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.
The Cardinals will face the Dallas Cowboys in the game, which is on Aug. 3 at 5 p.m. at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. It will be the first preseason game of the 2017 season.
Arizona and Dallas were chosen because each has a representative in the Hall’s 2017 class, with QB Kurt Warner representing the Cardinals and owner Jerry Jones the Cowboys.
This will be the first time the Cardinals have played in the Hall of Fame Game since 2012, when they squared off against the New Orleans Saints. It will be the fifth time overall the Cardinals have been in the Hall of Fame Game.
Because the Cardinals are in the game, they will have a total of five preseason matchups this season. That allows them to begin training camp earlier than normal. As noted by AZCardinals.com’s Darren Urban, in 2012, when the Hall of Fame Game was on Aug. 5, players reported to training camp on July 24.
- Internet lights up Jags QB Blake Bortles for being bad
- Dealing Cards: Rucker, Arians have ‘transparent conversations’
- Cardinals players label Charlottesville violence an eye-opener for America
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Cardinals coach is back to eating meat
- Dealing Cards: Players are bored, and D.J. Humphries returns