Cardinals to take on Cowboys in 2017 Hall of Fame Game
The Arizona Cardinals will get a head start on their 2017 preseason, as they have been chosen to play in the annual Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio.
The Cardinals will face the Dallas Cowboys in the game, which is on Aug. 3 at 5 p.m. at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. It will be the first preseason game of the 2017 season.
Arizona and Dallas were chosen because each has a representative in the Hall’s 2017 class, with QB Kurt Warner representing the Cardinals and owner Jerry Jones the Cowboys.
This will be the first time the Cardinals have played in the Hall of Fame Game since 2012, when they squared off against the New Orleans Saints. It will be the fifth time overall the Cardinals have been in the Hall of Fame Game.
Because the Cardinals are in the game, they will have a total of five preseason matchups this season. That allows them to begin training camp earlier than normal. As noted by AZCardinals.com’s Darren Urban, in 2012, when the Hall of Fame Game was on Aug. 5, players reported to training camp on July 24.
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders
- Browns to hire former Cardinals special teams coach Amos Jones