Adidas unveils Harden tribute shoes for ASU basketball
The Arizona State men’s basketball team will have some fancy footwear when they host rival Arizona on March 4, inspired by one of the program’s best players.
The Sun Devils and Adidas basketball have done some work with the colors of Rockets guard James Hardens’ signature shoe. Adidas showed off the Fear the Fork version of the Harden Vol 1 on Twitter.
The shoes met a mixed reaction on social media. While some fans seem excited for the design, others thought it had too much black and not enough maroon to really fit with ASU.
The original shoes debuted on Dec. 3, 2016. Its original red, black and white color scheme reflects the colors of Artesia High School, which Harden to the California State Championship as a senior in 2007. His stats from the game are recorded in the sockliner.
Harden played for the Sun Devils from 2007 to 2009. In the 2008-09 season, he won Pac-12 Player of the Year and was a consensus First-Team All-American. The former third overall pick by the Thunder had his No. 13 jersey reitred by ASU on Feb. 18, 2015.
- ASU’s crying tourney kid was more than an average Sun Devil fan
- Quick turnarounds prepare ASU for First Four opponent
- A long road to Dayton: ASU seniors laid foundation for team’s success
- The 5: Last five NCAA Tournament runs for Arizona State
- On the bubble: What they’re saying about ASU’s NCAA Tournament odds