Suns fans send good wishes to Tucker after trade
There seem to be positive feelings between P.J. Tucker and Phoenix Suns fans after Tucker was traded right before Thursday’s deadline.
The Suns sent the 31-year-old forward to the Toronto Raptors for two second-round picks and forward Jared Sullinger. Tucker was the longest-tenured player on the Suns roster, joining Phoenix from overseas in 2012.
Tucker is averaging seven points and six rebounds per game this season, earning $5.5 million in the final year of his contract. Over the last five seasons, he played 377 games for the Suns and won the Dan Majerle Hustle Award five straight times.
Fans sent well-wishes to Tucker, who returns to the team that drafted him out of Texas back in 2007.
On the other side of the deal, the reception for the Raptors was generally positive.
Tucker will almost certainly be on a playoff team for the first time in his NBA career. The Raptors are 33-24 and hold the fourth seed in the western conference.
- Report: Former Phoenix Sun Alex Len signs with Hawks
- Devin Booker, other young Suns react to Jared Dudley trade
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison