Arizona Wildcats fall in polls following home loss to UCLA
Saturday’s game between Arizona and UCLA at the McKale Center was a big one, and ultimately the No. 4 Wildcats fell to the No. 5 Bruins 77-72 in a battle that came down to the final minute.
The defeat dropped Arizona to 26-4 (15-2), and now the Wildcats will likely be playing for a share of the Pac-12 title with Oregon when they travel to Tempe to face the Sun Devils (14-16, 7-10) on Saturday.
When Sean Miller’s team does take the floor at Wells Fargo Arena, it will do so ranked 7th in the AP Poll and 8th in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
Arizona was ranked fourth in both polls last week and was ahead of both UCLA and Oregon in the rankings, but now trails both as the regular season winds down. The Bruins are 3rd in the AP Poll and 2nd in the Coaches Poll, while the Ducks are 6th in both.
Kansas is the new No. 1 in both polls, as Gonzaga, who lost for the first time all season Saturday, dropped from first to fourth.
- Sean Miller: Arizona is ‘not going to be as talented’ in 2018-19
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- UA’s Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins conclude first NBA Summer League
- Allonzo Trier believes he belongs in the NBA, gets a shot with Knicks
- Former ASU, UA players land on NBA Summer League rosters