Cardinals re-sign LB Gabe Martin and WR Jeremy Ross
The Cardinals on Monday re-signed linebacker Gabe Martin and receiver Jeremy Ross.
The Ross move was reported last week, and by bringing both back the Cardinals kept a pair of valuable special teams contributors.
Martin appeared in eight games for the Cardinals last season, recording four tackles, two special teams tackles and a fumble recovery. His season was cut short by a knee injury that led to him being placed on injured reserve on Nov. 18.
Martin originally joined the Cardinals as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2015. He spent the entire regular season on the practice squad before being elevated to the active roster for both playoff games.
Ross appeared in two games for the Cardinals in 2016 after signing with the team on Dec. 14. He caught four passes for 37 yards and one touchdown in the season finale against the Los Angeles Rams, and in his career the former undrafted rookie out of California has 43 receptions for 506 yards and three touchdowns.
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings
- Arizona Cardinals single-game tickets go on sale Saturday
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away