Diamondbacks Hernandez, Drury play catch with young fan
Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Oscar Hernandez and second baseman Brandon Drury found a great way to kill time during batting practice on Sunday.
Ahead of the D-backs spring training game against the Chicago White Sox at Salt River Fields, Hernandez and Drury played catch with a young fan behind the left field fence. The team shared the video on social media, calling it “what #DbacksSpring is all about.”
The team shared the video as part of an invitation for fans to share their favorite D-backs spring memories, with some airing on the big screen at the game.
Hernandez, 23, hit 2-of-11 in four games for the Diamondbacks as a rookie last season. Prior to Sunday’s game, he was 5-of-12 with five RBI this spring.
Drury, 24, is entering his third season playing for the D-backs. Traditionally an outfielder, he’s played some second base during spring training. He’s batting .267 so far in spring.
- D-backs’ Iannetta uses winery to help wildfire first responders
- Report: Tigers to hire D-backs’ Ron Gardenhire as next manager
- The agony of defeat: Worst losses in Arizona sports
- Former exec Tony La Russa leaves analyst position with D-backs
- Keith Law: D-backs’ Yoan Lopez shows flashes in Arizona Fall League