The Phoenix Suns Gorilla did not appear to know the game between the Suns and Washington Wizards was back from a timeout.
With 11:13 to go in the fourth quarter, the Suns’ mascot dove and slid onto the floor, nearly right into a Wizards player.
At first, it wasn’t clear why the Gorilla was on the floor, but a closer look reveals the Gorilla grabbed an object that was under the basket.
The player, as he should, did a double-take on who was next to him before bringing his attention back to the in-game action.
If the Gorilla made the move a second or two later, he would have directly interrupted the flow of play, with Suns point guard Tyler Ulis driving to the basket.
Luckily, the Gorilla managed to do it when no one was near the basket beside the Wizards player.
- Diamondbacks role players are stepping up big this year
- Kansas assistant says Suns’ Josh Jackson is a mix of two All-Stars
- Arizona Sports’ 2017 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Could Atlanta’s Paul Millsap end up in Phoenix on sign-and trade?
- Arizona Sports roundtable: Who in the NBA Draft is most underrated?