Suns Gorilla dives onto floor, nearly sets screen on Wizards player
The Phoenix Suns Gorilla did not appear to know the game between the Suns and Washington Wizards was back from a timeout.
With 11:13 to go in the fourth quarter, the Suns’ mascot dove and slid onto the floor, nearly right into a Wizards player.
At first, it wasn’t clear why the Gorilla was on the floor, but a closer look reveals the Gorilla grabbed an object that was under the basket.
The player, as he should, did a double-take on who was next to him before bringing his attention back to the in-game action.
If the Gorilla made the move a second or two later, he would have directly interrupted the flow of play, with Suns point guard Tyler Ulis driving to the basket.
Luckily, the Gorilla managed to do it when no one was near the basket beside the Wizards player.
- Players missing, not players coaching now the story between Suns, Warriors
- D-backs celebrate 23rd birthday on anniversary of Phoenix expansion
- A single decision seven years ago altered career path of Suns’ Devin Booker
- Suns’ Devin Booker ranks in ESPN’s top 10 NBA stars under 25
- Report: Suns could be looking at David Fizdale as next head coach