Former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby is back again.
The 35-year-old, two-time Cardinal and 13-year NFL veteran will begin his third stint with the Cardinals.
Dansby has started 178 of his 196 games played with the Cardinals, Dolphins, Browns and Bengals. The Cardinals first drafted Dansby out of Auburn in 2004, and he played with the Cards through the 2009 season. After a stint with the Dolphins, he returned to Arizona for a season in 2013.
One could view Dansby’s return as a replacement for Kevin Minter, who hit the market Thursday, the first day of NFL free agency.
With the Bengals last season, Dansby started seven of his 16 games played, posting six passes defensed and one sack with 114 total tackles, good for 20th in the NFL.
- Perspectives differ but Cardinals agree, camp ain’t what it used to be
- Dealing Cards: Williams in awe of Fitzgerald, Gabbert learning
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians, July 25
- Healthy Justin Bethel adds nice wrinkle to Cardinals’ CB competition
- ESPN’s Yates: Cardinals have ninth-best backup quarterback situation