Former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby is back again.
The 35-year-old, two-time Cardinal and 13-year NFL veteran will begin his third stint with the Cardinals.
Dansby has started 178 of his 196 games played with the Cardinals, Dolphins, Browns and Bengals. The Cardinals first drafted Dansby out of Auburn in 2004, and he played with the Cards through the 2009 season. After a stint with the Dolphins, he returned to Arizona for a season in 2013.
One could view Dansby’s return as a replacement for Kevin Minter, who hit the market Thursday, the first day of NFL free agency.
With the Bengals last season, Dansby started seven of his 16 games played, posting six passes defensed and one sack with 114 total tackles, good for 20th in the NFL.
- NFL.com panelist picks David Johnson to lead league in rushing in 2017
- Dealing Cards: Sky is the limit for improving Robert Nkemdiche
- Cardinals’ Chandler Jones will dance after NFL changes celebration rules
- Jermaine Gresham wants to augment Cardinals’ potent offense
- Cardinals sign second-round pick Budda Baker to four-year contract