Cardinals sign Karlos Dansby to third Arizona stint
Former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby is back again.
The 35-year-old, two-time Cardinal and 13-year NFL veteran will begin his third stint with the Cardinals.
Dansby has started 178 of his 196 games played with the Cardinals, Dolphins, Browns and Bengals. The Cardinals first drafted Dansby out of Auburn in 2004, and he played with the Cards through the 2009 season. After a stint with the Dolphins, he returned to Arizona for a season in 2013.
One could view Dansby’s return as a replacement for Kevin Minter, who hit the market Thursday, the first day of NFL free agency.
With the Bengals last season, Dansby started seven of his 16 games played, posting six passes defensed and one sack with 114 total tackles, good for 20th in the NFL.
- Dealing Cards: Peterson vs. Bryant highlights Monday Night showdown
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Inside the Numbers: Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys
- The 5: Best Cardinals performances on Monday Night Football
- Finally humbled, Cowboys’ Prescott and Elliott look to respond