Diamondbacks create bacon-wrapped pretzel baguette to feast upon
Meet the bacon-wrapped pretzel baguette filled with Black Forest ham and Swiss cheese. It’s served with honey mustard and roasted jalapeno ranch, as reported by ESPN’s Darren Rovell.
Does it have a name?
It appears not, but the new food item looks on par with its predecessors like the D-bat Dog, Churro Dog and Cheeseburger Dog. Those three items were a big hit and remain as such — the Churro Dogs will even be available this Thursday at Gila River Arena for the Arizona Coyotes’ “D-backs Night.”
The new bacon-wrapped pretzel baguette will cost $16 and might be a little less of a food challenge and more of an actual meal-sized item than the past home runs on the Chase Field menu.
The initial reactions appear to be quite favorable.
- Diamondbacks listed by ESPN as a possible surprise contender
- D-backs option Caleb Joseph to Triple-A, down to 3 catchers
- D-backs’ Merrill Kelly goes 5 innings: ‘I like how I’ve been able to progress’
- Report: Cardinals, Goldschmidt close on five-year, $130 million extension
- Diamondbacks closing in on closer decision