Shane Doan gave his team a scare when he wasn’t on the bench to begin the Arizona Coyotes’ game with the Colorado Avalanche after he collided with teammate Jakob Chychrun in pregame warmups Monday.
Arizona Sports’ Craig Morgan reported Radim Vrbata was skating Doan’s usual shift, and the team announced he was “being evaluated” before Doan returned to the bench near the end of the first period. He promptly entered the game with six minutes to play in the first.
“Got the wind knocked out a little bit,” Doan told FOX Sports Arizona’s Todd Walsh during a midgame interview. “All good.”
The 40-year-old Doan has six goals and 17 assists for the Coyotes this year after deciding in the offseason to return for his 20th NHL campaign. He is averaging 15:14 minutes of ice time per game.
- Kyle Wood itching for opportunity on Coyotes’ blue line
- Coyotes’ Clayton Keller ranks No. 1 in ESPN’s NHL prospect rankings
- Coyotes’ Brad Richardson expects to be ready for training camp
- Coyotes goalie Antti Raanta tweets images of new mask
- First batch of Arizona Coyotes single-game tickets on sale Aug. 17