Mike Vick is filling out his bracket, but his late-night Twitter escapades probably won’t sit well with fans in the good ol’ Grand Canyon State.
The former NFL quarterback said he believes Arizona’s Allonzo Trier could be an x-factor alongside forward Lauri Markkanen, which is a nice shoutout that Wildcat fans and Wildcat players can appreciate.
Trouble soon followed when a response to Vick’s initial tweet called Trier a right-handed James Harden. You know, that James Harden who went to Arizona’s rival, Arizona State.
Vick believes that scouting report is accurate and tweeted at both Trier and Harden: “Good company.”
Sun Devil and Wildcat fans probably do not believe that’s good company.
Trier, however, isn’t getting caught up in the rivalry stuff. There’s nothing wrong with taking a compliment from a famous former quarterback who compared you to a guy in the running for the NBA’s Most Valuable Player.
- Extreme temperatures don’t slow Arizona hikers
- 2017 NL West Tracker: Diamondbacks in a three-team race
- Fitzgerald a finalist for Muhammad Ali Sports Humanitarian Award
- ASU, adidas announce partnership through the Global Sport Alliance
- Approach change has Drury becoming dangerous hitter for Diamondbacks